Discussion Board

Unhappy make: *** [UserTest.sym] Error 1

Hi all,

I am trying to build a gcce application in Carbide C++ for UIQ3, but while compiling I get the following error:

make: *** [UserTest.sym] Error 1
    make: Target `all' not remade because of errors.
    Build complete for project UserTest

The beginning of the stack trace is as follows:

arm-none-symbianelf-g++.exe -c -pipe -mapcs -nostdinc -x c++ -march=armv5t -fexceptions -mfloat-abi=soft -DNDEBUG -D_UNICODE -D__GCCE__ -D__SYMBIAN32__ -D__EPOC32__ -D__MARM__ -D__EABI__ -D__MARM_ARMV5__ -D__EXE__ -D__SUPPORT_CPP_EXCEPTIONS__ -D__PRODUCT_INCLUDE__=\"C:\Symbian\UIQ3SDK\epoc32\include\variant\UIQ_3.0.hrh\" -include "C:\Symbian\UIQ3SDK\\EPOC32\INCLUDE\GCCE\GCCE.h" -Wall -Wno-ctor-dtor-privacy -Wno-unknown-pragmas -I "C:\symbian\uiq3\UserTest\inc" -I "C:\symbian\uiq3\UserTest\data" -I "C:\Symbian\UIQ3SDK\epoc32\include" -I "C:\Symbian\UIQ3SDK\epoc32\include\variant" -I "C:\Program Files\CSL Arm Toolchain\lib\gcc\arm-none-symbianelf\3.4.3\include" -o src/DeliveryPeticion.o ../src/DeliveryPeticion.cpp
    'Finished building: ../src/DeliveryPeticion.cpp'
    ' '
    'Building file: ../src/DialogsListBoxDialog.cpp'
    'Invoking: GCCE Compiler'
    arm-none-symbianelf-g++.exe -c -pipe -mapcs -nostdinc -x c++ -march=armv5t -fexceptions -mfloat-abi=soft -DNDEBUG -D_UNICODE -D__GCCE__ -D__SYMBIAN32__ -D__EPOC32__ -D__MARM__ -D__EABI__ -D__MARM_ARMV5__ -D__EXE__ -D__SUPPORT_CPP_EXCEPTIONS__ -D__PRODUCT_INCLUDE__=\"C:\Symbian\UIQ3SDK\epoc32\include\variant\UIQ_3.0.hrh\" -include "C:\Symbian\UIQ3SDK\\EPOC32\INCLUDE\GCCE\GCCE.h" -Wall -Wno-ctor-dtor-privacy -Wno-unknown-pragmas -I "C:\symbian\uiq3\UserTest\inc" -I "C:\symbian\uiq3\UserTest\data" -I "C:\Symbian\UIQ3SDK\epoc32\include" -I "C:\Symbian\UIQ3SDK\epoc32\include\variant" -I "C:\Program Files\CSL Arm Toolchain\lib\gcc\arm-none-symbianelf\3.4.3\include" -o src/DialogsListBoxDialog.o ../src/DialogsListBoxDialog.cpp
    'Finished building: ../src/DialogsListBoxDialog.cpp'
    ' '
    'Building file: ../src/DialogsProgressDialog.cpp'
    'Invoking: GCCE Compiler'
    arm-none-symbianelf-g++.exe -c -pipe -mapcs -nostdinc -x c++ -march=armv5t -fexceptions -mfloat-abi=soft -DNDEBUG -D_UNICODE -D__GCCE__ -D__SYMBIAN32__ -D__EPOC32__ -D__MARM__ -D__EABI__ -D__MARM_ARMV5__ -D__EXE__ -D__SUPPORT_CPP_EXCEPTIONS__ -D__PRODUCT_INCLUDE__=\"C:\Symbian\UIQ3SDK\epoc32\include\variant\UIQ_3.0.hrh\" -include "C:\Symbian\UIQ3SDK\\EPOC32\INCLUDE\GCCE\GCCE.h" -Wall -Wno-ctor-dtor-privacy -Wno-unknown-pragmas -I "C:\symbian\uiq3\UserTest\inc" -I "C:\symbian\uiq3\UserTest\data" -I "C:\Symbian\UIQ3SDK\epoc32\include" -I "C:\Symbian\UIQ3SDK\epoc32\include\variant" -I "C:\Program Files\CSL Arm Toolchain\lib\gcc\arm-none-symbianelf\3.4.3\include" -o src/DialogsProgressDialog.o ../src/DialogsProgressDialog.cpp
    'Finished building: ../src/DialogsProgressDialog.cpp'
    ' '

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance,

Marta

Super Contributor

Re: make: *** [UserTest.sym] Error 1

Yes, one idea. Pls provide that part of the error log where the GCCE Linker - most likely - fails as this is where the .sym file would be generated. The full output log there is most likely helpful, sections starts with 'Invoking: GCCE Linker'.

Unhappy Re: make: *** [UserTest.sym] Error 1

Hi,

After all the classes are compiled, I get the following message:

'Invoking: GCCE Linker'
    arm-none-symbianelf-ld.exe --check-sections --no-undefined --no-allow-shlib-undefined -nostdlib -shared --entry _E32Startup -Tdata 0x400000 -Ttext 0x8000 --target1-abs --discard-locals --default-symver -u_E32Startup -L"C:\Program Files\CSL Arm Toolchain\lib\gcc\arm-none-symbianelf\3.4.3" -L"C:\Program Files\CSL Arm Toolchain\arm-none-symbianelf\lib" -soname "UserTest{000a0000}.exe" -o "UserTest.sym" -Map C:\Symbian\UIQ3SDK\epoc32\release\GCCE\UREL\\UserTest.exe.map ./src/AccessPeticion.o ./src/DeliveryPeticion.o ./src/DialogsListBoxDialog.o ./src/DialogsProgressDialog.o ./src/DialogsUserPasswordDialog.o ./src/Engine.o ./src/EngineConfig.o ./src/EngineData.o ./src/GetIMEI.o ./src/HTTPClient.o ./src/Log.o ./src/ReportInstallation.o ./src/Symbian9Engine.o ./src/UserTestAccessPetitionlView.o ./src/UserTestAppUi.o ./src/UserTestApplication.o ./src/UserTestDocument.o ./src/UserTestFinalView.o ./src/UserTestView.o ./src/ViewUtils.o ./src/XMLReader.o ./src/XMLWriter.o "C:\Symbian\UIQ3SDK\epoc32\release\ARMV5\UREL\eexe.lib" C:\Symbian\UIQ3SDK\epoc32\release\ARMV5\LIB\dfpaeabi.dso C:\
    \Symbian\UIQ3SDK\epoc32\release\ARMV5\LIB\drtaeabi.dso C:\Symbian\UIQ3SDK\epoc32\release\ARMV5\LIB\dfprvct2_2.dso C:\Symbian\UIQ3SDK\epoc32\release\ARMV5\LIB\scppnwdl.dso C:\Symbian\UIQ3SDK\epoc32\release\ARMV5\LIB\drtrvct2_2.dso C:\Symbian\UIQ3SDK\epoc32\release\ARMV5\UREL\usrt2_2.lib C:\Symbian\UIQ3SDK\epoc32\release\ARMV5\LIB\euser.dso C:\Symbian\UIQ3SDK\epoc32\release\ARMV5\LIB\apparc.dso C:\Symbian\UIQ3SDK\epoc32\release\ARMV5\LIB\cone.dso C:\Symbian\UIQ3SDK\epoc32\release\ARMV5\LIB\eikcore.dso C:\Symbian\UIQ3SDK\epoc32\release\ARMV5\LIB\eikcoctl.dso C:\Symbian\UIQ3SDK\epoc32\release\ARMV5\LIB\qikcore.dso C:\Symbian\UIQ3SDK\epoc32\release\ARMV5\LIB\efsrv.dso C:\Symbian\UIQ3SDK\epoc32\release\ARMV5\LIB\qikallocdll.dso -lsupc++ -lgcc
    ./src/DeliveryPeticion.o: In function `CDeliveryPeticion::ConstructL()':
    DeliveryPeticion.cpp.text+0x1f8): undefined reference to `CMdaImageBitmapToDescUtility::NewL(MMdaImageUtilObserver&, CMdaServer*)'
    ./src/DeliveryPeticion.o: In function `CDeliveryPeticion::StartCreatingEncodedImageL()':
    DeliveryPeticion.cpp.text+0x770): undefined reference to `CMdaImageBitmapToDescUtility::CreateL(TDes8&, TMdaClipFormat*, TMdaPackage*, TMdaPackage*)'
    ./src/DeliveryPeticion.o: In function `CDeliveryPeticionParams::FreeRawImageL()':
    DeliveryPeticion.cpp.text._ZN23CDeliveryPeticionParams13FreeRawImageLEv[_ZN23CDeliveryPeticionParams13FreeRawImageLEv]+0x60): undefined reference to `CFbsBitmap::CFbsBitmap()'
    ./src/DialogsListBoxDialog.o: In function `CDialogsListBoxDialog::ViewConstructL()':
    DialogsListBoxDialog.cpp.text+0x728): undefined reference to `CQikListBox::SetListBoxObserver(MQikListBoxObserver*)

... And so on. That is to say, it seems that is full of undefined references. Is this the problem? How can I solve it? Why these undefined references problem appears in release and not in debug compiling?

Thanks again,

Marta

Nokia Developer Moderator

Check the classes named after "undefined reference to '..." in the SDK Help to find out which library contains them. You can add libraries to your project in somewhere in the middle of the C/C++ Build tab, perhaps ".... Linker" section, and Libraries field.
    For example:
    ./src/DeliveryPeticion.o: In function `CDeliveryPeticionParams::FreeRawImageL()':
    DeliveryPeticion.cpp.text._ZN23CDeliveryPeticionParams13FreeRawImageLEv[_ZN23CDeliveryPeticionParams13FreeRawImageLEv]+0x60): undefined reference to `CFbsBitmap::CFbsBitmap()'
    Search for CFbsBitmap in the SDK Help, and you will find that you need to add fbscli.lib to your project.
    And so on...

Thanks, that solved my problem!

The only thing I would add, is that for the gcce compilation, I needed to add the .dso library file, not the .lib.

Thanks again :-)

Marta