Discussion Board

Regular Contributor

s60 prototype 4 emulator and real bluetooth connection

Hello, do you know how to configure a real BT usb device in NCF? I'd like to connect my prototype 4 s60 emulator running a BT application to a real device. I installed correctly NCF drivers for my BT usb but I don't know how to set the property of "Bluetooth technology" ("serial port", "NCF library", "virtual com port"...) of the BT usb and the ones of the prototype 4 s60 emulator (aslo for this in bt properties there are "serial port", "btusb", "ncf library" and so on..). What my environment designer has to contain? Only the emulator or also the Btsub ? and which are the correct settings to make the emulator use the real BT usb?
    I didn't find a good explanation anywhere..
    thanks

Re: s60 prototype 4 emulator and real bluetooth connection

hi matrix241,

I've the same problem:
    what is the right settings in NCF technology tab to connect Prototype 4.0 Emulator and an external device via BT USB Adapter?
    this is my thread
    http://discussion.forum.nokia.com/fo...ad.php?t=91453

I tried with "virtual serial port", "btusb", "ncf library" in BT technology menu but I fail every time.

In the environment pane I think you have to add booth BT USB Adapter and Prototype Emulator, an example of this connection is shown in "NCF_v1_2_Getting_Started" doc but BT technology settings explanation is absent.

bye

Regular Contributor

Re: s60 prototype 4 emulator and real bluetooth connection

Hi gmantovani,
    if I discover a solution to the problem I'll post a message also in reply to your thread.
    Is there someone who had success in connecting s60 prototype 4.0 emulator and a real bluetooth device by a BT usb adapter and NCF 1.2 ?

thanks