Discussion Board

Problems to edit videos in my N80

Hi,

My name is Mariana and I own a new Nokia N80. I'm developing a video project or school on my Nokia and I'm having a problem with the video editing.

My problem is: to add music to a video, I choose the "edit" option on the clip, go to the audio timeline, click on "insert sound clip" and choose the song from a list (memory card). But the sign "Unable to insert sound clip" appears. I can, however, add a new sound clip (by recording it while I edit the video). Do you know what that's about?

Second question: to edit my movie (cut and paste clips one to another, add music, etc.), I'd rather use my PC. I use WindowsXP. Do you know any free software for me?

Thanks in advance,
    Mariana

Regular Contributor

Re: Problems to edit videos in my N80

Are you using manual video editing software embedded in N80? and what is your audio clip format?

Try to convert your audio clip to AMR or AAC format, that unable to insert .. message might be due to unsupported format.

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Skygyl
    Are you using manual video editing software embedded in N80? and what is your audio clip format?

Try to convert your audio clip to AMR or AAC format, that unable to insert .. message might be due to unsupported format.
    Now this will show my complete lack of ability when it comes to computers...

Yes, I'm using manual video editing software. I use MP3 format, now how can I convert it to AMR or AAC? Maybe find online software?

I've been trying things and another problem has come up. Once I cut and paste several clips onto one and I save the video, I can't go back to edit the transitions. Is that supposed to be like that?

Regular Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by Marian...
    Yes, I'm using manual video editing software. I use MP3 format, now how can I convert it to AMR or AAC? Maybe find online software?
    iTunes can convert MP3 to AAC, there should be other software to do that.

Quote Originally Posted by Marian...
    I've been trying things and another problem has come up. Once I cut and paste several clips onto one and I save the video, I can't go back to edit the transitions. Is that supposed to be like that?

If you still use the N80 video editing software, add transition before save it.

iTunes can convert MP3 to AAC, there should be other software to do that.
    I converted the files, but I still get the same sign.

If you still use the N80 video editing software, add transition before save it.
    Yup, I just regretted afterwards.

By the way, do you know if I can download a program to edit my video on the computer? I have Adobe Photoshop Album Starter Edition 3.0, but it seems useless for that purpose...

Regular Contributor

N80 phone video editing software is not friendly to use, have to be patient. I think most of the pc video editing software need license, and they may have problems in supporting N80 video clips. Nokia N93 has Adobe Premiere Elements in the CD, that one might work.

N80 phone video editing software is not friendly to use, have to be patient. I think most of the pc video editing software need license, and they may have problems in supporting N80 video clips. Nokia N93 has Adobe Premiere Elements in the CD, that one might work.
    Okay, thanks anyways! You've been very kind.