Discussion Board

Regular Contributor

Unhappy Browser Control API and PANIC USER 44

Hi guys,

I am trying to implement an embedded web browser. Due to that, I am using the CBrCtlInterface class to creat a Browser client. The code that I am using is the following:

******CREATION**************

CreateWindowL();
    SetRect(aRect);
    ActivateL();
    iCommandBase = TBrCtlDefs::ECommandIdBase;
    iBrCtlCapabilities = TBrCtlDefs::ECapabilityDisplayScrollBar |
    TBrCtlDefs::ECapabilityLoadHttpFw;
    TRect rect(Position(), Size());
    iBrCtlInterface = CreateBrowserControlL( this,rect,iBrCtlCapabilities,iCommandBase,NULL,NULL,NULL,NULL,NULL);

*******LOADING URL***********

iBrCtlInterface->LoadUrlL(aUrl);

This code has been copied from the Browser Control Documentation from Nokia. However, once one webpage is loaded (_L("http://www.mystrands.com")), the application crashes with a panic USER 44.

I wonder if any of you had experimented the same problem. I am a bit confuse because I am not deleting anything at all.

Any clue?

Thanks,

Fernando

Regular Contributor

Question Re: Browser Control API and PANIC USER 44

I have found out that the problem was related to the url that I was requesting.

Re: Browser Control API and PANIC USER 44

Please elaborate.

Bringing up this old thread because I'm experiencing the exact same problem. All my application does is wait for the browser control to load the page and I'm sure I don't delete anything while this is in progress. The loading goes on for some time and then the application panics with USER 44. The page I'm experiencing this with is located here: http://go.rss.sina.com.cn/redirect.p...23815135.shtml. I have tested also with some other sites and so far this has happened only with the site linked here.

For me this happens only if the application is being run on S60 3rd edition FP0 device. On a 5th edition device I have no issues. I don't know if this happens also later 3rd edition releases since I don't have any at hand for testing.
    Does anyone have any more info about this?

Nokia Developer Expert

Does it happen without the redirection in the link?

Unfortunately the fixes for the problem which exist in 5th edition devices may not be available for the Series 60 3rd edition FP0 device.

Yes, it happens also withouth the redirection.
    I'm not working actively on this issue anymore since we just decided to go for launching the default browser application instead of using embedded webview for displaying any content when such is needed.