Discussion Board

Nokia E50 feedback / echo problems

Hi

New member to the forum. I am an Account Manager for Vodafone in Banbury, and a couple of my customers have discovered a problem with the Nokia E50 device.

A couple of weeks ago, they upgraded to this device and noticed that the people they were speaking to advised them that there is an echo. Both the person with the E50 and the person with another handset have their earpiece down to an acceptable level, however it seems to be intermittent. At the start of the call nothing, then it gets more noticeable then fades. I called him on Friday when he informed me of this and again to start with I couldn't hear any problems, then about 15 seconds into the call whilst I was speaking to him, I could quite clearly hear my voice as an echo.

I then sent two replacements and although only tried one of them, again the problem persists.

He did try the phone last night and called his son and nothing at all. Then thinking everything is ok, put the phone on charge and copied over his contact list. Today during a call a business colleague advised that he was getting interference in the call, which after asking confirmed that it was an echo.

Having spoken to Nokia customer support (for Vodafone) this hasn't been logged previously and has requested the customer contact a Nokia rep in the area, no Nokia stores are available so it's Carphone Warehouse.

The software is the latest (v06.27.1.0 10.07.2006 RM-170)

I wondered if anyone on the forum had come across this with their E50's.

Cheers, Tony

(Retired) Nokia Developer Admin.

Re: Nokia E50 feedback / echo problems

This discussion board is only for Developer Support.

Nokia end user products support questions should be addressed at Nokia's online support sites http://www.nokia.com/support not here in Forum Nokia.

Also there are some localized product support forums and one that is monitored and where you can get attention and solutions http://discussions.europe.nokia.com/. If you post your concerns there you may get a response from there.

Re: Nokia E50 feedback / echo problems

Hi Oddball

Can you contact me via email (under my profile) regarding the E50 echo issue. It is something I have been working on for a few weeks now and maye your input would be of assistance (I too work for VF out of the Warrington MTX, Newark and Banbury)