Discussion Board

Regular Contributor

Question Nokia PC Suite connectivity package for Eclipse.org Mobile Tools for Java

Hi,

just downloading and put the org.eclipse.mtj.extension.dplp.nokia.pcsuite_1.0.0 directory into C:\Program Files\Nokia\Carbide.ui S60 Theme Edition 3.1\Eclipse\plugins directory.

I downloaded the plugin from here.

Can someone explain it to me the main idea of this plugin? For what? Is it risky if I put it on that directory ?

Another question:

how to prevents error "Operation failed" while trying to install a theme from Carbide.ui v3.1 to my N70 using BT as the connection? I'm using Windows XP Home Edition with the latest service pack and updates.

Thanks!
    Ruli Rahmadi

Forum Nokia

Regular Contributor

Re: Nokia PC Suite connectivity package for Eclipse.org Mobile Tools for Java

Quote Originally Posted by rulirahm
    Hi,

just downloading and put the org.eclipse.mtj.extension.dplp.nokia.pcsuite_1.0.0 directory into C:\Program Files\Nokia\Carbide.ui S60 Theme Edition 3.1\Eclipse\plugins directory.

I downloaded the plugin from here.

Can someone explain it to me the main idea of this plugin? For what? Is it risky if I put it on that directory ?
    I don't know what exactly does the plugin, but it looks that it is for another tool, probably Carbide.j. There is no risk in putting it there though it doesnt do anything in Carbide.ui. What do you want to do with that plugin?

Quote Originally Posted by rulirahm
    Another question:

how to prevents error "Operation failed" while trying to install a theme from Carbide.ui v3.1 to my N70 using BT as the connection? I'm using Windows XP Home Edition with the latest service pack and updates.

Thanks!
    Have you used correct target platform in the "Create a new sis-package" dialog? For N70, you should use S60 2nd Edition, Feature Pack 3.

Regular Contributor

Yes. It's for 2nd ed fp3 and also I so many times run reg cleaner, repair Carbide, restart PC. The problem still exist.
    Ruli Rahmadi

Forum Nokia

Regular Contributor

Have you looked into the error log, maybe it could give a clue what is wrong.

Super Contributor

As the name indicates, the package is intended to support the MTJ Java development tools from Eclipse.org. You have no need to download nor install that package if you are running Carbide.ui.

Regular Contributor

Thanks! but I decided to just leave it there...
    Ruli Rahmadi

Forum Nokia