Discussion Board

OpenGL ES app is not trusted

I'm trying to install the SimpleCube SDK app included with the OpenGL ES 1.1 plug-in on my N93 phone. The problem is I keep getting the error that I can't install a protected app from an untrusted supplier. (The app runs fine on the emulator.)

I can install a simple hello world app on my phone. I'm not sure why this OpenGL ES example doesn't work. I'm a little confused on how I'm supposed to figure out what APIs are allowed on a self signed app and what things are protected. I don't see anything that should be protected on this app though. I did try getting a protected UID from the signedSymbian site and I still get the same error when I try to install the sis file.

Is there a utility that queries what capabilities an app needs? Anyone have any ideas on why I can't install the OpenGL ES app on my phone?

Thanks!

Re: OpenGL ES app is not trusted

It is still not working. I found the following quote from the FAQ.

When the option "Enable Debug Security Messages" and "Enable EPOCWIND.OUT Logging" are selected in the emulator's Preferences dialog (or PlatSecDiagnostics set to ON and LogToFile set to 1 in the emulator’s epoc.ini file), a log file is created in the Windows “temp” folder called epocwind.out that includes warning messages indicating the capabilities needed by the application.

I tried this and it does not dup the epocwind.out file. Has anyone else run into this problem? If anyone has any ideas on other reasons this opengl es app isn't running on a phone please let me know.

Thanks.

I was reading more about this and found that my mmp file lists capabilites. I looked in the mmp file and CAPABILITY is set to NONE. I also tried running petran -dump s simplecube.exe and it reported the capabilities as 00000000 00000000

So why is it not working

Super Contributor

How about the UID? Do you change it?
    If you check my blog posting, http://mobile.antonypranata.com/2006...0-3rd-edition/, this message is usually because we use protected UID and sign it with self-signed certificate.

Also check with other OpenGL ES example and see whether you see the same problem or not.

Antony

Thanks for the blog link. The second last error on your blog "Unable to install a protected application from an untrusted supplier" is the exact error I am getting. However I have the pkg and the mmp file are using 0xA000021D which should be fine for self signing.

Just for kicks I tried adding a "All -TCB" capability to the mmp file and then I got an error saying "Required application access not granted". This made sense to me, but I still don't understand why I'm getting the first error when I have capability set to none.

I have tried other OpenGL ES SDK apps and they have the same error.

Any other ideas?

Super Contributor

That's really weird, isn't it? I have tried OpenGL ES and found no problem.

What I can suggest now is try to reset your phone to the default factory setting (type *#7370# in the idle screen). It will remove your data (so backup your phone first).

Other than this, I have no other idea....

Antony

I finally figured out the problem. I'm using Carbide and for some reason it is setting the "Secure Id" to 0x00000000. This was causing my problems. When I changed this to a blank box then I could load the OpenGL ES SDK samples onto my phone.

Nokia Developer Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by mribble
    I finally figured out the problem. I'm using Carbide and for some reason it is setting the "Secure Id" to 0x00000000. This was causing my problems. When I changed this to a blank box then I could load the OpenGL ES SDK samples onto my phone.
    Can you please specify which SDK do you use and which version of Carbide ?