Discussion Board

Carbide.c++ and epocheapsize

I tried setting the epocheapsize in the .mmp file I imported into Carbide.c++, but it doesn't appear to do anything. I'm running it with the UIQ3 SDK. The emulator is still enforcing a 1mb heapsize

Nokia Developer Expert

Re: Carbide.c++ and epocheapsize

What do the project properties say? Epocheap and epocstack should work for any build target if they are defined in your MMP file and you import the project.

If it's really wrong post the value in your project properties and what it says on the generated command.

Tim

Quote Originally Posted by timm-ah
    What do the project properties say? Epocheap and epocstack should work for any build target if they are defined in your MMP file and you import the project.

If it's really wrong post the value in your project properties and what it says on the generated command.

Tim
    Stupid question, but where in the Project Properties of Carbide.C++ are these two options? I tried in vein to look for them yesterday but couldn't find them, so I just crossed my fingers and set them in the .mmp file and hoped it imported them correctly.

Nokia Developer Expert

Project > Properties > C/C++ Buuild > System Options > WINSCW C/C++ Linker > Intel x86 Linker Options.

A lot of clicks to find what you want, but there it is. Similarly for GCCE/ARMVx builds it's under the Post linker.

Tim

Quote Originally Posted by timm-ah
    Project > Properties > C/C++ Buuild > System Options > WINSCW C/C++ Linker > Intel x86 Linker Options.

A lot of clicks to find what you want, but there it is. Similarly for GCCE/ARMVx builds it's under the Post linker.

Tim
    Are these options available on express? I still don't see them under x86 Linker options...

Nokia Developer Expert

Sorry, I should have asked what product version you are using. Support for epocheap/stack size was added in Developer ed. You can download that and give it a try and see if that addresses your issue.

Tim