Discussion Board

Regular Contributor

N93 and getSnaphot

Hi,

I have written a midlet that uses the getSnaphot function (see below) to get an image with a resolution of 160x120:
    videoControl.getSnapshot("encoding=png&width=160&height=120");

I do this e.g. 100 in a while loop which lasts 28 sec. This works fine on my Nokia 6630.
    Now, I tested the midlet on the Nokia N93. But here the capturing lasts very much longer (2-3 min) and the videostream was not displayed (in comparison to 6630). After capturing the midlet crashes. Maybe, the N93 captured the images in a higher resolution (I heard a click after every picture), but actually it shouldn't (see getSnapshot parameter).

Does anybody has an idea, what the reason for this could be?

I could only test the N93 for a short period of time, so I couldn't do any more tests and I have to decide whether to buy it and replace my Nokia 6630 or not.

Thanks in advance.

Kurt

Super Contributor

Re: N93 and getSnaphot

hi Kurt,
    can you simply write test application which just takes one snapshot and check what is the byte data length after capturing midlet (or even write it into memory card using JSR-75),
    if you are correct with application not honoring camera snapshot properties that could be the reason because if using full resolution it would be 3meg pixels,

regards,
    Peter

Regular Contributor

Re: N93 and getSnaphot

Well, of course, but therefore I need a N93 which I currently don't have...
    Can it be possible that the N93 doesn't support this resolution? I couldn't find any information on this.

Thanks,

Kurt