Discussion Board

ensymble network problem

I have an python script that downloads some information with httplib.
    The script works fine thru pys60 bluetooth console or launched via run scripts. But if i create an .sis file with ensymble it doesn't make a network connection, usually it displays an Python system error.
    Any ideas ?

I tried other .py files that came with pys60 and they had same problems when converted to .sis with ensymble.

Super Contributor

Re: ensymble network problem

Quote Originally Posted by paskajooseppi
    ... if i create an .sis file with ensymble it doesn't make a network connection, usually it displays an Python system error.
    Any ideas ?
    Yes. By default, Ensymble-generated SIS packages do not have any capabilities. Symbian 9 and newer only allow network connections from programs which have a "NetworkServices" capability. See the document "Testing and Signing with Symbian Platform Security" from Forum Nokia for details.

Add the following to your Ensymble command line options. It turns on all capabilities that the self-signed Python Script Shell from Nokia has:

Code:
    --caps=NetworkServices+LocalServices+ReadUserData+WriteUserData+UserEnvironment

Re: ensymble network problem

Quote Originally Posted by jethro.fn
    Yes. By default, Ensymble-generated SIS packages do not have any capabilities. Symbian 9 and newer only allow network connections from programs which have a "NetworkServices" capability. See the document "Testing and Signing with Symbian Platform Security" from Forum Nokia for details.

Add the following to your Ensymble command line options. It turns on all capabilities that the self-signed Python Script Shell from Nokia has:

Code:
    --caps=NetworkServices+LocalServices+ReadUserData+WriteUserData+UserEnvironment

Thank you very much!