Discussion Board

receive all contacts?

Hi,

I have a Sony Ericsson t68i nearing the end of it's life. I have it chock full of contacts that I'd rather not lose. So, I'm looking to transfer them to a new phone.

The t68i has a 'send all' contacts option, which allows me to send them to another phone via bluetooth or infrared.

I used to work for motorola and could transfer all my contacts to the motorola phones I had access to using the t68i's 'send all' function.

I now work for a different company who develop mobile phone s/w and they have a Nokia 3250 that I can try out.

However, when I try the 'send all' function from the t68i, all I get on the Nokia 3250 is a new message with the first contact in it.

Is there a way to transfer all my contacts to the 3250?

Max.

Super Contributor

Re: receive all contacts?

The t68i supports SyncML (one of the first to do so, I think). Maybe you can synch it with a SyncML server/service (Sync4j/Funambol or something), and then the 3250, which also supports SyncML.

If Sony Ericsson has a "PC Suite" for the t68i, you could also try to use it to synch the contacts with a PC and the Nokia PC Suite for the 3250.

I had a t68 in '99/'00, never got a t68i, but I don't recall it had a very complex contacts/phonebook app, so you could also probably copy/move contacts to the SIM card (whatever fits), and then put the SIM in the 3250 and copy the contacts off the SIM to the 3250 Contacts app, delete the contacts from the SIM and repeat until you've everything transferred.

You can also try to send all the contacts to a PC, where they might even end up in a vCard file, and then you might be able to import the vCard files to Outlook or separately to the 3250, or with an S60 app that can handle vCard file import.

Re: receive all contacts?

Quote Originally Posted by petrib
    The t68i supports SyncML (one of the first to do so, I think). Maybe you can synch it with a SyncML server/service (Sync4j/Funambol or something), and then the 3250, which also supports SyncML.

If Sony Ericsson has a "PC Suite" for the t68i, you could also try to use it to synch the contacts with a PC and the Nokia PC Suite for the 3250.

I had a t68 in '99/'00, never got a t68i, but I don't recall it had a very complex contacts/phonebook app, so you could also probably copy/move contacts to the SIM card (whatever fits), and then put the SIM in the 3250 and copy the contacts off the SIM to the 3250 Contacts app, delete the contacts from the SIM and repeat until you've everything transferred.

You can also try to send all the contacts to a PC, where they might even end up in a vCard file, and then you might be able to import the vCard files to Outlook or separately to the 3250, or with an S60 app that can handle vCard file import.
    OK, thanks. I figured it'd be something complicated, involving a 3rd device :|

The t68i's contacts/phonebook app isn't particulaly complex - it just happens to have such a feature, and I managed to send my entire phone book via bluetooth to a Motorola (linux) phone, so was surprised/disappointment that it didn't work to a symbian phone (

I tried to get the sony desktop app to work, but couldn't Perhaps I'll try on Mac OS X when I get home...

Sigh

Max.