Discussion Board

how to use SVG plugin for rendering SVGT in c++

Hi,
    I wanted to know is there any way to render SVG image using SVG tiny Plugin which comes with s60 2nd FP3...I havent found any documentation as to how to use the plugin:confused: :confused: :confused: ...It is possible to render SVG imags 3rd edition fp1 onwards using java MIPP (JSR226) but i wanted a c++ aproach to render SVG T images ,support available is only for SVG icons:mad: ...

Super Contributor

Re: how to use SVG plugin for rendering SVGT in c++

Quote Originally Posted by anantmb
    Hi,
    I wanted to know is there any way to render SVG image using SVG tiny Plugin which comes with s60 2nd FP3...I havent found any documentation as to how to use the plugin:confused: :confused: :confused: ...
    Hi,
    Are you looking for any convertors to convert from svg to svg-tiny formats..
    if so, look out for svg2svgt converters in FN..i dont think any docs are needed to use it.its all self descriptive.

or you want to create .mif using the svg images?

if that is the case, you can use mifconv tool..

Br,
    Priju

Nokia Developer Moderator

Although the SDK always talks about "SVG Icon"-s, this is some mis-wording I think. You can load SVG-T images form .mif files using AknIconUtils::CreateIcon-methods (if you use the 2-FbsBitmap overloads, you also get the transparency mask for BitBltMasked). Scalable icons have 0,0 size until you use AknIconUtils::SetSize (it also sets the size of the mask if you have one). The only mystic information (although it is part of the Forum Nokia Technical Library) is that SetSize needs the SVG to have viewbox property (having width and height is not enough) for working properly.

I think I have come across the same problem, and I do not know of a solution.

On 3rd Edition devices, I can display SVG-T icons built into a MIF file and displayed with AknIconUtils::CreateIconL.

I thought I would also be able to display SVG-T files "directly" using CImageDecoder. However, I found that CImageDecoder::FileNewL leaves with KErrNotFound, apparently indicating that no plug-in is available that supports SVG.

Can anyone confirm or deny this limitation? Is there a work-around?

I am using the MR1 SDK and testing on an N73.

Thumbs down Re: how to use SVG plugin for rendering SVGT in c++

I have the same problem.
    I am trying to create a "custom" UI using SVG files, where I would be able to animate certain parts of the view upon key events.
    However, there is no API for loading SVG files into CFbsBitmap "directly". Using the CAknIconUtils API is not good enough because it requires a pre-compiled MIF file, i.e a static SVG, which is useless when you need to load UI data dynamically (e.g. text and images), or to control animation.

When I'm transferring my SVG file to the device (N80), I am able to play it with "SVG Viewer" that come with S60 3rd edition. The viewer allows for "Full Screen", "Play" and "Pause" functionalities. How is that done? Is there a public API that the SVG Viewer use? No documentation...

Apparently S60 3rd edition only support loading of SVG Icons from MIF files...

Nokia??? Any response?

Regular Contributor

Hello rubnov,

I am very interested in your efforts to display svg images directly because I try to do the same. I didn't find a solution yet.

I also have the N80, but I didn't know that it has a svg viewer. Is it a standard application on the N80 or do I have to install it?

It would be very kind of you if you could tell me if you found a way to display svg images directly?!

Thanks in advance.

If you simply copy/deploy an .svg file to a location accessible with the File Manager, you can click on the file and it will be rendered. However it does not really help you :-S

Hi guys,
    I had completely forgot about this post..
    Well I was able o render SVG dynamically using SVG engine..
    You will find the SVGEngine.dll in epoc/release/winscw/udeb/
    It is responsible for rendering the svg dynamically when we place a svg in any of the drives in case of emulator \epoc32\winscw\c\data
    we are able to access it using file browser and open it in emulator and in device..
    This is possible because of this SVG engine..
    Unfortunately Nokia has not yet made its headers available in public SDK ..hence as of now using .mif file is the only way to load a SVG and only static SVG can be loaded using mif unlike svgengine dll which renders SVGs with animation..
    Hope forum nokia releases the SVGEngine headers in next version of public SDK :)

Regards,
    Anant

SVG Tiny 1,2

Is there a svg2svgt converter which converts to SVG Tiny 1.2
    I hear this version 1.2 supports javascript and limited DOM
    js

Re: SVG Tiny 1,2

In fact I do not know SVG-T 1.2, but it is questionable if any S60 devices actually support it.