Discussion Board

Super Contributor

bld.inf, Carbide.c++ and porting from 2nd

Hi,

I have many header files in section PRJ_EXPORTS in my dll description file "bld.inf". During build phase are those header files copied to epoc32\include\<project_name>. In pre 9.1 Symbian, when I changed something in bld.inf file I called then from command line command "bldmake bldfiles" and then I recreated MSVC 6.0 workspace by typing "abld makefile vc6" and finally I reopened re-created workspace in MSVC 6.0 IDE from \epoc32\BUILD\... subdirectory.

Now I'm porting the project to 3rd edition under Carbide.c++ and I have couple of questions:

Q1: Could similar process apply to Carbide.c++ projects or they must be created by wizards from IDE?

Q2: I tried wizards first. I created new workspace and then I tried to import bld.inf via "File>Import>Symbian bld.inf" to create new project (btw project files are no longer in epoc32\BUILD). Until now everything was OK. But when I make some changes in bld.inf, what I should do to re-create the project???

If anyone knows the answer please adviseThanks a lot

Bye
    STeN

Nokia Developer Expert

Re: bld.inf, Carbide.c++ and porting from 2nd

Quote Originally Posted by stenlik

Q1: Could similar process apply to Carbide.c++ projects or they must be created by wizards from IDE?
    In order to create new projects from scratch you need to have Carbide generate them from it's own template wizard. We don't have perl scripts that populate all the SDKs to generate projects from scratch.

Quote Originally Posted by stenlik
    Q2: I tried wizards first. I created new workspace and then I tried to import bld.inf via "File>Import>Symbian bld.inf" to create new project (btw project files are no longer in epoc32\BUILD). Until now everything was OK. But when I make some changes in bld.inf, what I should do to re-create the project???
    I think what you want to do is when you import your bld.inf make sure that "Copy to worksapce is off". This way your build files are in the workspace but your sources are under your source tree. Then if you want to recreate your project you need to delete the project files from the workspace and re-import it. This is a big thing that should be simplified for the next release.

Hope this helps,
    Tim

Super Contributor

Re: bld.inf, Carbide.c++ and porting from 2nd

Hi,

thaks a lot for your reply - that was also my observation - no command line tools (which I prefer) and re-import as the only possibility.

Once again many thanks.
    Have a nice day

STeN