Discussion Board

Kern-Exec Reason Number 3 on Nokia 9290

Hi..

I am trying to get started programming on the 9290. The base example (HelloWorld) compiles and works on my emulator, but I have not been able to get it to work on the physical device. I ran the included makesis, and generated helloworld.SIS.

The app works on the emulator, but when installed on the target device (nokia 9290) fails with the words "Not found".

I then tried to create the exact same app manually.. the app works on the emulator, but fails on the target device with the error "kern-exec reason number 3".

I read that installing cawt.jar might help. How do I do this? Any pointers would be really appreciated.

Thanks

Krishnan

Regular Contributor

RE: Kern-Exec Reason Number 3 on Nokia 9290

Hi,

I used the 9210i to test the HelloWorld example, it worked fine both on Emulator and physical device. I didn't catch the error messages you got. There is a JLife PJava application for downloading in Forum Nokia Website, the whole package includes source codes and all the necessary files to run the application on Emulator and physical device, Could you try it?

Before you test any PJava application, you have to first copy the cawt.jar to Communicator. In the target machine ?:/system/java/ext/* is for Extension packages in zip or jar archives where "?" stands for your system drive(C:) or Memory card(D:).

"How to develop Java? Applications for the Nokia 9210 Communicator" is a good document, which explains how to start Java application development for Symbian OS and Nokia 9210 Communicator. It can also be found in Forum Nokia website.

Best Regards,
    Wang Kui / Forum Nokia