Discussion Board

Problem with Ring Tones

Hello,
    My mobile model is N90. I tried several time to change my ring tone but for some strange reason whenever I have an incoming call the ring tone that plays is the Default Nokia ring tone. For the first couple of incoming calls sometimes the ‘new’ ring tone is activated but afterwards the Nokia default tone is again in operation.
    On my ‘profiles’ menu everything is as it supposed to be with the ‘new’ ring tone selected.
    What might be the problem? Should all ring tones be situated in a specific directory? Is the extension of the file .aac or .mid or .mp3 makes any difference?

Thanks in advanced.
    Best regards,
    Alexis

Re: Problem with Ring Tones

Try backing up all your data, then do a hard reset (it's *#7370# on the N80, I think it's the same on the other phones) to clear the phone, then load your data back on and give that a go.

Thanks a lot NotExcessive for your quick response. I have tried what you have suggested and I restored all original phone settings but the problem still remains. I is really frustrating. Is there anything else you could suggest?

Thanks for your interest.

alexis

If you've reloaded your custom data before trying anything else after doing a hard reset, then try resetting the phone again, creating a dummy (or new) contact, and assign a new ring tone to that. Also, try changing the default ringtone again. I'm just wondering whether there's some corruption in your custom data (no idea what/why though) that makes it fall over.

If you haven't reloaded your custom data and it's still behaving this way from a hard reset, then stuffed if I know, apart from the general make-sure-it-has-the-latest-firmware cure.
    Plexus Technologies Pty. Limited.
    Hardware & Software Design.
    Phone: +61 (0)2 9758 2770
    Mobile: +61 (0)411 470 880
    UK Phone: +44 (0)701 4212 935