Discussion Board

Super Contributor

Multiple sis files attempt to get built

I have started using carbide.c++ Professional

I have a dll project that has no sis files in it, it is part of another project.

In the project paths there are 6 .pkg files but none of there are to be built for this project.

I can import the mmp but when it comes to building it, it fails as it is attempting to build *ALL* the pkg files as opposed to none of them - which it should be doing.

The question is how can I disable it attempting to build the sis file?

Nokia Developer Expert

Re: Multiple sis files attempt to get built

Hi Paul -

This is an import limitation where we currently only disable SOURCE statements conditionally. Since the current builder in the 1.1 release works on file extensions it's picking up all your PKG references and trying to build them. To disable a file you can right click on it and select Properties > C/C++ Build and enable the checkbox that says "Exclude from Build".

A Carbide specific alternative is to add your PKG files as SOURCE statments in your MMP file around a conditional block:

#ifdef _CARBIDE_CPP_
    #ifdef GCCE
    SOURCE gcce.pkg
    #endif
    // other carbdie specific conditionals

#endif

Next release will have PKG building off by default so you don't run into these auto-sis building problems.

Cheers,
    Tim

Super Contributor

Would I have to do the same for DOCUMENT directives as I noticed that the importer was reporting that these were not supported.

I have a custom perl script that scans the mmp files looking for documents and then building the sis files out the .pkg specified in it (This is a seperate project).

Nokia Developer Expert

Quote Originally Posted by Paul.Todd
    Would I have to do the same for DOCUMENT directives as I noticed that the importer was reporting that these were not supported.
    On a "Copy to workspace" you would. If you aren't copying to workspace you just need an INCLUDE to the documents that you want to show up in the project tree if they don't already.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul.Todd
    I have a custom perl script that scans the mmp files looking for documents and then building the sis files out the .pkg specified in it (This is a seperate project).
    That's cool, being able to build directly from MMP to SIS file has been a bit of a pain and something I'd like to be simplified. I think the template engine projects in Carbide.c++ do a decent job of building SIS files from scratch, but as you found importing MMPs can still take a bit of manual set-up.

Cheers,
    Tim