Discussion Board

Super Contributor

Console based applz not seen in emulators!!!

Hi all,
    i have created a basic console based application using the carbide's new project wizard. i compiled it for 3rd ed MR. but the problem is that i dont find it running in the emulator.atleast in FP2 the console app stays there for a few seconds..how can i get that in 3rd edition emulator? Is that possible or lemme know how to debug the console based applications for 3rd edition.

Br,
    Priju

Nokia Developer Moderator

Re: Console based applz not seen in emulators!!!

The AppWizard supplied with Carbide does not generate the registration resource (the ..._reg.rss, to be deployed to \private\10003a3f\apps), at least as far as I can remember (I cannot check now).

Super Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by wizard_hu_
    The AppWizard supplied with Carbide does not generate the registration resource (the ..._reg.rss, to be deployed to \private\10003a3f\apps), at least as far as I can remember (I cannot check now).
    Yes Wizard, you are right! The carbide does create a _reg.rsc file.
    do i have to implement a minimal _reg.rss file as you have mentioned in this thread,
    http://discussion.forum.nokia.com/fo...ad.php?t=92059

But what i find is, when i created a console based project using CW, a _reg.rsc file is not created as in the case with Carbide c++. Is it that in lower versions like FP2 even if a _reg.rsc file is not there the console based app stays there for a second or so? how can i make my console apps stay in the emulator for a while so that i could debug it...

Please suggest!! Thanks in advance,

Br,
    Priju
    Last edited by Priju Jacob Paul; 2006-11-03 at 05:15.

Nokia Developer Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Priju Jacob Paul
    do i have to implement a minimal _reg.rss
    Yes, at least you should.
    Is it that in lower versions like FP2 even if a _reg.rsc file is not there the console based app stays there for a second or so?
    Note that lower versions have a separate emulator for .exe-s, and .exe-s cannot be placed in the application menu at all. In 3rd edition applications are .exe-s too, and thus "old" console .exe-s can be placed in the application menu in the same way.
    how can i make my console apps stay in the emulator for a while so that i could debug it...
    When the 3rd edition emulator gets started via a .exe, it launches your program, and a bit later it launches the application shell. But your program still runs in the background, you should be able to bring it to the foreground via the Task Manager (long press of menu-button).