Discussion Board

Question New at Carbide.c++, error at first build all

I'm sorry to disturb your valuable time with my silly questions, but I do only have one question (I hope so anyway) to get started.

I've just installed Carbide.c++ (Express) and created a C++ Application for S60 Project which I named HelloWorld. I've chosed "A simple S60 3.x GUI application"

The first thing I do is to try to "build all", but then I get 3 errors:
    * the file 'HelloWorld.rsg' cannot be opened
    * undefined 'R_COMMAND1_TEXT'
    CTags not installed or not in path

As I told before, the only thing I've done is to create the project (maybe this is the problem).

If there is anyone out there who can help me with my problems, please tell me how to do.
    Everybody has been a beginner at some time.
    Last edited by swinto_88; 2006-11-04 at 02:39.

Nokia Developer Champion

Smile Re: New at Carbide.c++, error at first build all

Hello dear,

This problem had been discuseed a lot.

Just have a look on the following link:
    http://discussion.forum.nokia.com/fo...ad.php?t=77184

I hope this will help you.
    Regards.
    Kiran.

Re: New at Carbide.c++, error at first build all

thx , I've looked around a bit here at the fourm, but didn't know what to look for.

Nokia Developer Champion

Hi,

did you solve it?

I haven't such problems with carbide.c++...

- check if .rss file was compiled and if .rsc and .rsg files were created and if the problem is compilation or missing some include directory
    - check if perl is installed

CTags are descirbed here(http://discussion.forum.nokia.com/fo...ighlight=CTags)
    You don't need them

Regards,
    STeN

Quote Originally Posted by stenlik
    Hi,

did you solve it?

I haven't such problems with carbide.c++...

- check if .rss file was compiled and if .rsc and .rsg files were created and if the problem is compilation or missing some include directory
    - check if perl is installed

CTags are descirbed here(http://discussion.forum.nokia.com/fo...ighlight=CTags)
    You don't need them

Regards,
    STeN
    well, I had not installed perl.
    But after I did this, I tried to create a new project and then I've got the following errors:

Code:
    Severity	Description	Resource	In Folder	Location	Creation Time	Id
    1	CTags not installed or not in path	Test			den 7 november 2006 01:27:01	10452
    1	Warning: (045) the following label is used but has not been declared: R_AKN_SELECTION_LIST_DIALOG[C:\\Program\\Symbian\\9.1\\S60_3rd\\epoc32\\include\\avkon.rh]	Test		line 823	den 7 november 2006 01:27:14	10457
    1	Warning: (045) the following label is used but has not been declared: R_AVKON_LIST_HEADING_PANE[C:\\Program\\Symbian\\9.1\\S60_3rd\\epoc32\\include\\avkon.rh]	Test		line 220	den 7 november 2006 01:27:14	10454
    1	Warning: (045) the following label is used but has not been declared: R_AVKON_SOFTKEYS_OK_CANCEL[C:\\Program\\Symbian\\9.1\\S60_3rd\\epoc32\\include\\avkon.rh]	Test		line 683	den 7 november 2006 01:27:14	10455
    1	Warning: (045) the following label is used but has not been declared: R_AVKON_SOFTKEYS_OK_CANCEL[C:\\Program\\Symbian\\9.1\\S60_3rd\\epoc32\\include\\avkon.rh]	Test		line 693	den 7 november 2006 01:27:14	10456
    1	(047) the STRUCT that this resource is based on contains a STRUCT[] data member which has not been used in this resource, the missing element is: 'datatype_list'	Test_reg.rss	Test/data	line 24	den 7 november 2006 01:27:14	10458
    1	(047) the STRUCT that this resource is based on contains a STRUCT[] data member which has not been used in this resource, the missing element is: 'file_ownership_list'	Test_reg.rss	Test/data	line 24	den 7 november 2006 01:27:14	10459
    1	(047) the STRUCT that this resource is based on contains a STRUCT[] data member which has not been used in this resource, the missing element is: 'service_list'	Test_reg.rss	Test/data	line 24	den 7 november 2006 01:27:14	10460
    1	(047) the STRUCT that this resource is based on contains a STRUCT[] data member which has not been used in this resource, the missing element is: 'view_list'	Test.rss	Test/data	line 127	den 7 november 2006 01:27:14	10453
    Any idea what I shall do next?

EDIT: I checked "Exclude from build" for both .rss-files, and then just "CTags not installed or not in path" remained (which you said I could ignore). Is it correct to check "Exclude from build"?
    But I still don't get a sis-file.
    Last edited by swinto_88; 2006-11-07 at 00:39.

Nokia Developer Moderator

These messages are "mandatory" and they are generated for annoying the developer. The first ("045") warnings are going to stay, since they are originating from the SDK itself, the last few ("047") warnings can be eliminated by creating an extended registration resource, but it is not important.
    Note that these messages are warnings, thus they do not prevent your project from building, while the resource files are mandatory, thus excluding them from building will prevent your application from run on the emulator and also prevent generation of installation file.

i choosed to not exclude the booth rss-files (and no other files either) from build.
    But still the sis-file won't be created.

EDIT: Btw, thanks for all your help

Nokia Developer Moderator

Which target are you building for? SIS file tries to be generated for GCCE builds.

Quote Originally Posted by wizard_hu_
    Which target are you building for? SIS file tries to be generated for GCCE builds.
    I suppoese I was building with S60 3.0 Emulator Debug.
    Now when I've changed to S60 3.0 Phone (GCCE) Release I've got more warnings.

The first one (which I suppose is the reason for the other warnings to):
    Code:
    1	Invalid project path: Include path not found (C:\Program\Carbide\Projects\Tested\S60 3.0 Phone (GCCE) Release\).	Tested			den 9 november 2006 01:03:58	11703
    Probably it has somethings to do with the spaces in this path, am I right?
    If so, how do I change?