Discussion Board

Hybrid View

What are libraries/APIs for full duplex voice communication (including rtp handling)?

Hi

I want to develop a voip client using S60 3.0 public sdk. I am facing problem in the media (voice) part.

Can you please tell me of any libraries/APIs which can provide me full duplex voice communication (including handling of rtp)?

I want libraries/APIs which listen from mic and send the rtp packets to other party (convert audio into rtp packets.) and which receives the rtp packets from other party and play them on the speaker (convert rtp packets into audio) and it should be full duplex voice communication.

The libraries/APIs may be open source or commercial.

Thanks
    --deve

Re: What are libraries/APIs for full duplex voice communication (including rtp handling)?

I hope this thread already discussed lot of things about the same matter: Full Duplex functionality with public APIs.

Re: What are libraries/APIs for full duplex voice communication (including rtp handling)?

Hi vin2ktalks,

thanks for the link. I have gone through many links before posting this question.

But i didnt find any logical solution there.

1) jimgilmour1 told that there is example at pro nokia (charged website) and also told it doesnt work on 3.0.

2) There was no mention of handling of rtp. This is necessary in Voip scenarios.

I could NOT find any solution there.

Can anyone of you tell me the libraries/APIs ?

Thanks
    --deve

Re: What are libraries/APIs for full duplex voice communication (including rtp handli

Full dublex PCM: CMMFDevSound (sounddevice.h)
    Codec: CMMFCodec (mmfcodec.h)
    RTP: RRtpSession,... (rtp.h)

Re: What are libraries/APIs for full duplex voice communication (including rtp handli

I tryed to use CMMFDevSound in 3rd edition SDK but it doesn't compile. Infact, the lib included into the SDK seems to be EABI version 2; I think it refers to 2nd edition release of the SDK. Moreover in the technical support of nokia is written that the CMMFDevSound is not supported. Now my question is: how we can implement full duplex in 3rd edition? Thanks