Discussion Board

RE: AT commands from microcontroller to a mobile phone (nokia 6210 or 6310i?)

hi
    we are also doing same kind of project
    if u take nokia the logic is ttl ,like that
    if u see the fbus circuit diagram , u see a 7805 and max232 for transfer to cmos logic
    they use +12 from your CTS of com port

if u use the cable and program with VB or ASM(for mcu) u wont get any response , but if u restart the phone ie switch off and on u will get some code.

in the case of erricson used in riccibitti.com it is working , may be directly compactble , ie. , phone used for communicating using your own program.

if u use nokia pc suite for your phone it will work

for better reason and idea for it contact my project partner giri
    email: girihc12@yahoo.com

he will explain where is the problem clearly

AT commands from microcontroller to a mobile phone (nokia 6210 or 6310i?)

Hi:

I am working on a project to interface a microcontroller (via RS232) to a mobile phone (any model that accepts AT commands). The microcontroller (eg PIC) will receive the appropriate ASCII commands (not necessary AT) from another external device (connected to the controller by RS232), which then translates it to the appropriate AT command to send to the mobile phone modem.

The tasks that I am looking at the moment are:
    + making a voice call
    + answer an incoming call
    + hang up a call.
    I'll also be looking to send SMS later as well.

I think it's possible to do this via Hyperterminal if your mobile phone modem implements the AT commands required. However, I am unsure how I would go about translating all this to a microcontroller.

So, my questions are:
    +Is it possible to do a voice call, answer and hangup by AT commands via a microcontroller?
    +Do I have to go through any initialisation and configuraton process with the mobile phone's modem (to get it ready) before I can send AT commands to the modem?
    +Can anyone who has done similar stuff (and successfully?) help me out or give me a few pointers? At least give me some tip on configurating all the devices properly...

Any response would be appreciated. Thanks
    nguy0074@flinders.edu.au

Hi you.

I have samekinda project myself going on but without phone that accepts AT commands (not succesfully working yet...) With AT commands it's quite simple, there is a very good article with source code to Atmel's Tiny microprocessor which is capable to control e.g. motor...

The phone used there is Ericsson's T10s but same AT commands should work for Nokia phones also..check the link below for more information:

http://www.riccibitti.com/tinyplanet/tiny_article.htm

Wil

Im doing a program with visual basic to send AT Commands and receive the response in a window, I send the commands with success, but I can`t receive the response, or I receive in the buffer but I can`t to see it, perhaps exist a protocol??!!
    If you know something about this, please help me and I do the same for you. My e-mail is: pmtdap@sapo.pt

Hello, I am doing a very similar project and im in desperate need of some help im trying to make a PIC 16F84 microcontroller dial a number or send a text message but getting it to dial a number first is most important. Im using a FBUS data cable and ive set my PIC up to send information using RS232. I can send information to my PC using the PIc but cant get it to comunicate witht the phone. does any one know where im going wrong is it the signal levels that im sending out or the wrong data

ATD<number> is what im sending but with a number not letters

Please help plus also does any one know about the FBUS and its parametters

Thanks

Andy