Discussion Board

Question File Traverse in the system

Hi,

I am just writing an example application which will traverse through all the files available in system and display it to the screen.

For example you can say as its scanning the directories but it should show the file name on the screen its going through. I can use CDirScan and TFindFile but the problem is how to show it on the screen one by one. Should I store file names in an array and than display it but than my array size will be too big if my system contains thousand of file. Please tell me and efficient way to do this.

If anyone has any idea please let me know. It will be great if I can get some code snippets.

Thanks a lot in advance.

Cheers,
    Adi

Nokia Developer Moderator

Re: File Traverse in the system

there should be enough memory to handle this. Basically just save then in a way that the path is separated from the file name, then you don't need to use that much memory.

Basically I did this with Y-Browser, it keeps all folders that have been visited in its memory untill exit. Makes it a lot faster that way and so far I haven't seen anybody complaining about the memory.

yucca

Re: File Traverse in the system

Actually what I want to do is just have a single file name along with its path in memory at one time and display it on UI. I want this to happen with each file. That is as soon as the file name changes it should send that file name to UI. Basically it should display all files on UI in a continous manner.

So for this if I can get some piece of code that it will be of much help.

Thanks a lot in advance.

Cheers,
    Adi