Discussion Board

EAP TTLS MSCHAPv2

I have a nokia n93 (though i can see all the wireless are simular, and settings should work for all phones.)
    and am having trouble connecting to my companies TTLS mschapv2 network

I have all the settings.

wlan security modee
    802.1x

WPA mode EAP

EAP-TTLS checked

general tab
    user certificate (not defined)
    CA certificate (not defined)
    user name in use from certificate
    realm in use from certificate

EAP tab
    eap-mschapv2 checked

configure for eap
    username (domain)\(user.name)
    password: (password)

but no gold, anyone else had any luck with ttls, i can see people have used PEAP or LEAP ok but no luck with TTLS.

Im pretty sure the settings are right, do i need to do anything with the certificate side, as on my PC they are not set and it works fine.

EDIT:
    Nokia Australia was hopeless, all they could tell me was to get my IT team to check it,
    I know the settings I've got are correct however the phone doesn’t want to connect to the network.
    the whole time she was trying to diagnose the wrong problem. Didn't understand the network protocols or even that they exist. Seemed she didn't know anything about wireless and all she was trying to do was fob me off.
    was on hold for probably 42 minutes of the 47 minute call.

finally after talking to her for a minute on and off got the call escalated.

will have to see what happens.
    Last edited by wisc; 2006-11-10 at 04:56.

Re: EAP TTLS MSCHAPv2

almost a month later and still no response... interesting customer support. At least I've had a few phonecall to tell me nothing has changed

when a friend said nokia didn't have great technical support i refused to believe them....

(Retired) Nokia Developer Admin.

Well, the reason you got no answer is that you are not asking the right people. This discussion board is only for Developers support, not for hardware or end user application support. There are some localized product support forums and one that is monitored and where you can get attention and solutions http://discussions.europe.nokia.com/. If you post your concerns there you may get a response from there.

Because we support developers that write for more than Nokia we keep a distance here in Forum Nokia from Nokia hardware division. Having said that, there was an online program by computerWorld and Nokia about wireless and there were some contact information for wireless support. If you write me a note I'll try to dig up this web site so you can try to find a contact at Nokia that can help you.

Ron

Hi Ron, thanks for the link and the clearing up.

I feel I also might be out of place here and many posts in the above mentioned forum actually have solutions to a lot of problems posted here, like how to find the Wlan MAC address

*#62209526#
    or
    *#2820# - Display Bluetooth MAC address.

Quote Originally Posted by Nokia Ron
    Well, the reason you got no answer is that you are not asking the right people. This discussion board is only for Developers support, not for hardware or end user application support. There are some localized product support forums and one that is monitored and where you can get attention and solutions http://discussions.europe.nokia.com/. If you post your concerns there you may get a response from there.

Having said that, there was an online program by computerWorld and Nokia about wireless and there were some contact information for wireless support. ...
    Ron

D'OH, anyway, I've written on that one too.. i just thought that was the europe one, thought i would try here as well...
    http://discussions.europe.nokia.com/...cending&page=6

no answer from there either...
    if i could grab those details form you i'd be appreciative.

thanks,

Daniel