Discussion Board

Regular Contributor

NCF and BT real connection

Hi, I'm trying to test a simple J2ME BT application. The application simply has to connect to a device that offers a SPP service with a particular UUID number, set by the server version of the application. Using two emulator to test it all is ok.
    I also want to test it with a s60 prototype 4 emulator that uses a Bluesoleil usb dongle ( CSR device) and a real n91 device.
    When I try to connect from the phone to the emulator it is ok if I enter the pin code 1234 on the request from phone. Instead when I try to do the reverse( the emulator connects to the phone) on NCF BT logs I can see that the emulator try to connect (I can see the messages Write_enable, write_authentication) but immediately the connection is refused, I think, because I can see "Disconnect" message on BT logs on NCF.
    Is it due to pairing? What can I try? I tried to change the pin installing bluesoleil driver and the returning to NCF bt driver after having done the pairing with "0000" pin code, but always the pin required is 1234.
    Also if I delete from the memory on the phone the association with the bt dongle it is the same.
    Which is the pin code that the NCF BT driver send? Or better.. does it send the pin code? How can I change it? Can I change it?

The same problem is still present when I run a demo BT application written by SUN included in J2me Wireless Toolkit, so it is nopt my application that causes the problem.

thanks

Regular Contributor

Re: NCF and BT real connection

Hi, I wonder if nobody can say "Yes I'm using succesfully s60 prototype 4 sdk in BT connection to a real device" !
    I tried two other BT dongles:

Belkin,
    Dlink

both presents the same failure in connecting from Prototype 4 to nokia n91 real device even if the NCF BT usb driver recgnizes them succesfully and is installed correctly. I tried also two different PCs!

In prototype 4 the application is a simple research of a SPP service in devices discovered; in the device it is waiting for incoming connection: the connection seems to be started ( I can see it from NCF logs ) but suddenly after CREATE_CONNECTION and WRITE_AUTHENTICATION it disconnects .
    I think it's due to pairing, but is it a bug? None seems to use succesfully the BT connection on protope 4 ?