×

Discussion Board

Results 1 to 4 of 4
  1. #1
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    2

    RE: ASSERTION FAILD while creating new project in Sisar

    As indicated in a previous post, you can change your computer's locale settings to US. But this will change all your other program's locales, which sucks.

    To fix this broken behaviour of SISAR, you can also modify the file \Shared\EPOC32\Tools\javalib\supportedlanguages.xml to make your locale look like US-English only to Symbian SDK applications.

    Find the entry matching your locale settings (country and language) in that file, then change tags <TLanguage> and <opl-const> to match the tags in the en-US section. As an example, here is my configuration to make Symbian SDK tools work with my fr-FR locale :
    the bits that are commented out are the original settings.

    <locale language="fr" country="FR">
    <!-- <TLanguage index="02">ELangFrench</TLanguage> -->
    <TLanguage index="10">ELangAmerican</TLanguage>
    <code2>FR</code2>
    <!-- <opl-const>KLangFrench%</opl-const> -->
    <opl-const>KLangAmerican%</opl-const>
    <name language="fr">French</name>
    <supported-by>
    <app>AIF Builder</app>
    <app>makesis</app>
    <app>Sisar</app>
    </supported-by>
    </locale>

  2. #2
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    2

    ASSERTION FAILD while creating new project in Sisar

    I installed serial 60 SDK successfully. But when I run the "sisar" application, choose File->New Project, a dialog popup and tell me -- "An unrecoverable error has occurred: com.symbian.sdk.util.assertion.AssertionException:Assertion failed."

    anyone else has meet this problem? how can I solve this problem? Thanks a lot!!

  3. #3
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    17

    RE: ASSERTION FAILD while creating new project in Sisar

    set your regional settings to "English (USA)" and it will works.
    i had the same problem :-)

  4. #4
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    3

    RE: ASSERTION FAILD while creating new project in Sisar

    In my SDK6.1, I found a slight different file 'supportedlocales.xml' where modifying tags <TLanguage> and <opl-const> did not yield the expected result. :-) Then I noticed that although my settings were (Language=German "ge" and Country=Austria "at") the tag <name> contained the 'strange' setting of language="en" instead of language="de". After modifying this line, everything works fine now!
    :-)))

    <locale language="de" country="AT">
    <!-- <TLanguage index="22">ELangAustrian</TLanguage> -->
    <TLanguage index="10">ELangAmerican</TLanguage>
    <code2>AS</code2>
    <!-- <opl-const>KLangAustrian%</opl-const> -->
    <opl-const>KLangAmerican%</opl-const>
    <!-- <name language="en">Austrian German</name> -->
    <name language="de">Austrian German</name>
    <supported-by>
    <app>AIF Builder</app>
    <app>makesis</app>
    <app>Sisar</app>
    </supported-by>
    </locale>

    By the way, the same ASSERTION FAILED error occurs while loading AIFB files into sisar for every language which has a specified caption text and which section has not been adapted in the previous described ways.
    E. g. if captions were specified for 'Austrian German', 'Italian' and 'Finnish', one have to change all three corresponding section under 'supportedlocales.xml' otherwise the same error is caused!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •