Discussion Board

Problem accessing the Core Data on the handset

It asks for a username/password when I ckick on one of the service. I cannot get beyond this. My raccoon u/p does not work here. Please help me.

Nokia Developer Expert

Re: Problem accessing the Core Data on the handset

The raccoon username and password are used for identifying your terminal with the gateway and have actually nothing to do with the access control of your mobsite.

You can define "regular" usernames and passwords in the file \Data\Apache\conf\users.

Br,
    Johan

Unhappy Re: Problem accessing the Core Data on the handset

ok. but where do i access \Data\Apache\conf\users.

I am sorry but i am absolutely new to this and would really like to know how to get this thing working. I have got all the acess and everything working. But i dont know how to create my site now.

Would really really really appreciate if you could help me set up things here.

my site is nokias60v2.at.openlaboratory.net and it is functional, that is i can access this site on the internet once i start raccoon on my phone. But then what do i do next, how do i make my site, how do i give links to all kind os data on my phone and most imp --- what password does it ask for on links like images & contacts....

Pls pls pls pls pls help...

Nokia Developer Expert

Re: Problem accessing the Core Data on the handset

ok. but where do i access \Data\Apache\conf\users.
    If you installed Raccon in phone memory, then that path exists on the C: drive of the phone, if you installed on the memory card, then it's on the E: drive. Note that if you use the builtin file-browser of a S60v3 device, then it's likely that it will not show the Data part when browsing the phone memory but only Apache. If you install PC-Suite the you can browse the filesystem of the phone and look around.

Would really really really appreciate if you could help me set up things here.
    From a website point of view, Raccoon does not differ too much from Apache running on any other platform. So, any Apache documentation or HTML tutorials you find on the web applies more or less as such. Start, for instance, by tinkering with \Data\Apache\htdocs\index.html.

However, to create really cool stuff you need to get acquanted with Python, Python for S60 whose manual you can find at SourceForge and mod_python.

what password does it ask for on links like images & contacts....
    That password you define in the file \Data\Apache\conf\users. You can do that, for instance, using PC-Suite.