Discussion Board

Picture Message text/picture ratio Help

Hi,

I have checked the sending content v10,sms spec 3.0 and FAQ and they just mention the total size of the message would be 140 bytes. However, what's the text/picture ratio? Can I have like 100 bytes of picture and 40 bytes of text and vice versa? Please advise~

Also, in the examples provided, we know that both the text and the picture parts must exist...but they didn't mention how can I change the order of display- when I follow the example the picture shows first and then the text part-is there anyway that we can choose which one come up first?

Moreover, from the FAQ section, it mentions that the blinking can toggled by putting 00 01(hex bytes). Where should I put it? In the info field(as it mentions in the spec)? If this is the case, how can I put it because the info field is just 1 octet (00 in the examples)?
    So 00 is off and 01 is on?

Thank you so much and looking forward to hear reply soon.

Best regards,

Desmond Chang

Regular Contributor

RE: Picture Message text/picture ratio Help

Check the FAQ, question #16, and look at the Spex. You should find that the example in question #16 is an example of a multipart message.

To change the order of the picture and the text, try rearranging the order of the parts.

The total size of *any* given SMS message is 140 octets of data. What that data is depends on you. In order to send the picture message in question #16, a total of 3 SMS messages are required. The "payload" of 140 octets is completely used up in the first two messages, but hardly used at all in the last message.

To create a blinking message, create a text message, set the DCS byte so that it is using UCS-2 encoding, and use 0001 as a part of the "text" to turn blinking on and off.

-paul / ForumNokia