Discussion Board

Advice Required : How do I compile the same app with the 2nd Ed and 3rd Ed SDK?

Hi everyone,

I'm using Carbide C++, and have developed an application for 2nd Ed phones a few months back.

The application is very simple with no user interface, and to make it work in 3rd Ed phone I just need to recompile it with the 3rd Ed SDK - how do I do this in Carbide?

I installed the 3rd Ed SDK, and in the Build Configuration window for my old project says S60_2nd_FP3 like it should - any chance to add the 3rd Ed SDK to here? and will Carbide compile two version of the project, one for 2nd Ed phones and one for 3rd Ed phones?

Thanks in advance.

Super Contributor

Re: Advice Required : How do I compile the same app with the 2nd Ed and 3rd Ed SDK?

Quote Originally Posted by marquk
    will Carbide compile two version of the project, one for 2nd Ed phones and one for 3rd Ed phones?
    Hi,
    Carbide c++ doesnt allow you to have same name for two different applications (whether its of different sdk's) in the workspace.
    hence, you need to delete the existing app in the workspace and then re-import for the next sdk.

Priju