Discussion Board

AknIconServer, Kern-Exec 3 with <text> in SVG-T

Have a problem with creating a SVG-T icon for my app, it is simply a red box and text.
    Code:
    <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
    <!DOCTYPE svg PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD SVG 1.1 Tiny//EN" "http://www.w3.org/Graphics/SVG/1.1/DTD/svg11-tiny.dtd">
    <svg baseProfile="tiny" xmlns="http://www.w3.org/2000/svg" width="95%" height="95%" viewBox="0 0 48 48">
    <defs/>
    <metadata/>
    <g>
    <rect style="fill:red;fill-rule:evenodd;stroke:red;stroke-width:1px;stroke-linecap:butt;stroke-linejoin:miter;stroke-opacity:0;fill-opacity:1" width="13.285714" height="34.857143" x="0" y="0.14285715"/>
    <text x="4" y="47" >Text1</text>
    <text  x="16" y="34" >X</text>
    </g> 
    </svg>
    If I remove the two <text> it works and the red rectangel is shown in the application list, on the other hand if I let the <text> be there i get "AknIconServer, Kern-Exec 3" error in emulator. Does not SVG-T in emulator support <text>? On the device (Nokia N80) the text is gone and rectangel shown, but no crash luckily. Is text supported at all?
    The SDK I am using is S60_3rd_MR.

Re: AknIconServer, Kern-Exec 3 with <text> in SVG-T

Found a temporary solution, in Inkscape there is an option "Object to Path" that converted the text to a path, the file got bigger, but now it works. Strange tough that text does not work?

Regular Contributor

Many thanks cartman_ume!

Your statement saved me a lot of time. I can fully double your observations - I am also using the S60_3rd_MR SDK. Now, when the text got converted as you suggested, all gets well!

However...but

It seems that the text MUST also get moved around once after the conversion. Otherwise the text does not get displayed.. I suppose, this is a problem of the Incscape Tool and not of Nokia.

It does not play a role whether the SVG gets converted to SVGT, apart of the reduced size. Both versions showed exactly the same.

br, Marcel
    Last edited by suterma; 2007-01-17 at 17:16.

Hi!
    I guess no new solutions to this one, eh? I'm having the same trouble, with 3.0MR and 3.0 FP1. I'm not too happy with converting to paths due to the quality and file size concerns.

It seems that this problem parallels to svg quality problem (http://discussion.forum.nokia.com/fo...t-96962.html): Svg viewer used for gallery / presentations (svg viewer app) can show svg text element correctly. AknIconUtils provides a different svg parser judging by the results.