Discussion Board

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Icons compatibility

Hi

I've installed Carbide.UI 3.1 and prepared the Frost theme for my Nokia E50 phone.
    But after the installation to the phone I see some icons are from the theme and some remain old. As an example Office in the phone (well, in Carbide shell it is called Organizer tools). There are some icons like Voice Aid those are not exist in the theme at all.

Are there any way to adjust the theme for my device?

Regular Contributor

Re: Icons compatibility

Hi,

To skin "Office" icon you should look for icon with name "Organizer applications group folder indication".

You can skin any icon, but you must know it's UID. Then you go (in Carbide.ui) to the Window->Preferences->Carbide.ui->Third party icons. The icons that you want to change will then appear after reloading the theme.

As for the Frost theme, there are no skinned (changed) icons when you start wit h the Frost theme. The blue style icons you see by default are not included in sis, unless you make changes on them. You can find out which icons are skinned and which not in the Icons->Application icons, the icons that are skinned have small blue mark in the bottom right corner.

Hi hor255!

Thanks for reply

> To skin "Office" icon you should look for icon with name "Organizer applications group folder indication"

You mean to get a right picture? Ok!

> You can skin any icon, but you must know it's UID. Then you go (in
    > Carbide.ui) to the Window->Preferences->Carbide.ui->Third party icons.
    > The icons that you want to change will then appear after reloading the theme.

Ok, so I just need to find the Office UID. I will appreciate any advice about what is the best place to start (Google did not make it

> As for the Frost theme, there are no skinned (changed) icons when you start wit h the Frost theme.

Yes, I know about that and already updated all the icons. But anyway thanks for noticing that - it took me some time to find why all icons are old.

Thanks!
    Stas

Regular Contributor

To get UID you can try to install following app: AppUID. It will display the UIDs on the phone. I hope it helps.

Thanks again

Unfortunately the tool does not show UIDs of all apps I want to change icons for.
    Will try to find another one...

Regular Contributor

Can you please write an example of such application that is not listed with that tool?

Well, it is Office. I see other groups but not this one. Do you need some more examples?

Regular Contributor

Well, I have N80 which is 3rd edition device as well and I can see the changed Office folder icon:-). I really don't know where is the problem...

I do not know too Just a question: how do you see the Office UID in AppUID?
    I mean what is its name/uid?

Regular Contributor

I do not see it in AppUID, it is in Carbide.ui without need to add anything. Just look for the "Organizer applications group folder indication".

Ok I see it in Carbide.UI and it is new with check sign, but after installation to the phone it remains old So it works for your device? And it is called "Office"?

Regular Contributor

Strange, to be sure that we are talking about the same icon, here is a screenshot (not mine just found it on the net screenshot.

Yes, that's it. Icon in my phone stays the same and called "Office", icon in the theme is changed and called "Organizer applications group folder indication".

A kind of mystery, huh?

Please I need help. I've installed AppUid and found all the UIDs for the applications, but when I try to add a new third party Icon for the specific UID I get the message "Icon must have a unique Application ID. UID xxxxxx is reserved". Do I need to do something else first?

Have loaded the Frost theme and want to specify my own icons.

Regular Contributor

What is the UID you have entered. Each of the icons that are predefined in the Carbide.ui have UID. Maybe you have specified already existing id. What application have you tried to enter?