Discussion Board

CAknGrid and Scalable UI (not so scalable?)

Hello

I'm using a CAknGrid in my view/container on s60v3 (s60 3rd) and everything is okay until I switch screen layout either in the emulator or on the device.

When switching screen layout the HandleResourceChange function gets called and I re-layout the grid icons and that seems to work fine (the icons gets resized to fit the screen).

BUT the background skin does not get resized. This means that the skin image is still the original size so when switching from portrait to landscape there is a white stripe in the background that has not been updated.

The easiest way to reproduce this is to build the Filelist example app in the SDK, which can be found in: S60_3rd\S60Ex\Filelist

The example app suffers from exactly the same problem I've described above, so my question is if someone has found a work around to this problem??

Regular Contributor

Re: CAknGrid and Scalable UI (not so scalable?)

Hey, man, I'm suffering from the same problem exactly!!
    Have you solved it? Can you enlight me, Thanks very much!

I had this exact same problem. The simplest thing to do is in your Container's SizeChanged method, simply delete the grid object and re-construct it. Also, in your View's HandleResourceChange method, do a SetRect on the Container.
    This should solve your problem. Also search for "Grid example" on Nokia Wiki. That sould give you a exact solution.

Hi,

I am also facing the same problem.

I tried setting the SetRect(rect) in HandleResourceChange but than also its not drawing the whole screen properly.

In E70 it working perfectly fine. Its just showing problem with E90 only.

Please help.

Thanks a ton in advance.
    Cheers,
    Adi

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I have had dreams and I have had nightmares. I overcame the nightmares because of my dreams…

Regular Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by aditya4180 View Post
    Hi,

I am also facing the same problem.

I tried setting the SetRect(rect) in HandleResourceChange but than also its not drawing the whole screen properly.

In E70 it working perfectly fine. Its just showing problem with E90 only.

Please help.

Thanks a ton in advance.
    Delete it then re-construct it. no other method.