Discussion Board

Raccoon + Gnubox issues?

Hello to everyone,
    I've setup my Debian laptop and my Nokia 6630 so that the phone can connect to the Internet by using the laptop ADSL connection via Bluetooth.
    All the above is achived with Gnubox.
    I can ping the phone from the PC and viceversa.
    I can surf the web with Opera on the phone using the phone "Bt" (the name of the "Access Point" created with Gnubox).
    Next, I wanted to try Raccoon (actually all of the above have been setup to try Raccoon...) and the results are:
    - I can see the webserver on the phone from my PC by opening Firefox and inserting the URL "10.0.0.2", which is the IP of the phone.
    - I can successfully test all the demo apps and btw they are all very inspiring.
    - I can connect to the phone webserver directly from the phone with Opera.

What I can't do is access raccoon on the phone by passing trough the Nokia gateway. I've tested from both the local PC and a remote host.
    When I start Raccoon on the phone with "Start w. Connector" only the Webserver is started, the Connector stays "Not Connected".
    The same if then I try to "Start Connector", and again if in the "Connector" tab I try to "Go online".
    Is there something I am missing?
    On the wiki the installation istruction say that after starting w. connector I'm supposed to "choose an access point that you use for browsing the Internet": If there is supposed to popup some prompt for this parameter I just don't get it, there is no place in Raccoon where I can set the AP.
    Just as I natted via Iptables on the Linux box the outcoming connections to 10.0.0.2 am I supposed to set up the firewall to allow incoming connections to 10.0.0.2 from Nokia gateway IP address?

Some details of my setup:

Nokia 6630
    Firmware V 6.03.08 13-02-06 RM-1

Installed:
    - PythonForS60_1_3_12_2ndEdFP2.SIS
    - raccoon_2ndEdFP2_0.7.1.zip
    - gnubox_6630_80_81.sis

Any idea?
    Thanks in advance,
    Ernesto Ferrari

Nokia Developer Expert

Re: Raccoon + Gnubox issues?

Hi,

Just to make sure I fully understand...

So, when you have setup gnubox and start browsing the web with Opera, you are prompted for an access point and the Gnubox access point is among the ones offered. However, when you start Raccoon using [Options]->[Start w. Connector] you are never asked for an access point, but Connector status field just shows 'Not Connected'?

Yes, you've understand correctly.
    In Opera there is a "Settings-->Connections" tab where you can specify the connection to use, I set it to the Gnubox "Bt" connection. You can also choose to "use default connection": regarding this last point, it may help you to know that in Gnubox I have set up the "Bt" connection to be the default AP.
    In Raccoon I'm never asked for an AP, and Connector status field just shows 'Not Connected'.
    Again, thanks in advance for all the help
    Ernesto

Nokia Developer Expert

It seems that for whatever reason, the Gnubox access point on your phone messes up the access point selection of Raccoon. I'll build a version of Raccoon that changes the selection mechanism slightly and let's see if it changes anything.

I'll contact you directly.

Regular Contributor

Hi,ernesto.ferrari!
    Could you send me a copy of the gnubox_6630_80_81.sis? Thank you!

My Email: fnwyq@hotmail.com