Discussion Board

Regular Contributor

Importing Projects

I am trying to import one the the examples from the SDK (3rd edition), my first is whether it is advisable to have multiple projects with the same workspace? I have already run the project wizard and have one project in my workspace.

I thought I would start with a simple one, so I have imported the HelloWorld .mmp file into the workspace and the project has been created, I now have two projects in the workspace. I then build the HelloWorld project and run the emulator, but I do not see the project under the installat. folder. I see the icon for the other project (HelloCarbide in my case) but cannot see one for the project I have imported. I have also tried this with the time zone example (chosen at random). How do I get access to the project app from the emulator?

Thanks

Regular Contributor

Re: Importing Projects

I tried creating a new workspace for the timezone example (TZExample.mmp), building then running the project. When I go to the Installat. folder, I don't see a new icon to run the project I've just built, but I still see the HelloCarbide icon!

Nokia Developer Expert

tzexample.mmp is from the "examples" folder. These examples are generic and don't have resources. It's just a simple console exe that runs and quits I think so you should not see an icon for it.

The examples under the "S60Ex" on the other hand will.

And yes, it's generally most efficient to keep all your projects under the same workspace.

Tim

Regular Contributor

ok, thanks. I am taking a look at the address book project in that folder. This is what I had in mind, something I could see running and will allow me to play around with the code so I get get a better understanding.

About the warnings that are shown when building, I understand that these can be ignored but is there anyway to stop these messages from being shown and more importantly would it be wise to do so? would it mask actual warnings in the future?