Discussion Board

Lightbulb receive question SMS / modify it on PC / and send answer SMS to same number

I want to develope such application. (I don;t care of phone model, platform and app language.)

please help me where I find possible solution, ready or to build , or documentation:

how to connect my application with phone platform (PC connected to Phone) for receiving SMS, reading SMS / after reading SMS in PC, my application will give specific answer for specific question, given in sms received. /
    and send SMS with specific answer (dependent on question SMS) to same phone number from which question sms came/

altango@altango.art.pl

Super Contributor

Re: receive question SMS / modify it on PC / and send answer SMS to same number

Use the search feature of this site to find plenty of existing discussions that explain how to receive and send SMS using a PC:
    http://discussion.forum.nokia.com/forum/search.php

The following software packaga does exactly what you need.
    You can process the message and compose the reply message using vbscript:

www.activexperts.com/asmssrvr

Greetings

Leon

Quote Originally Posted by pawwaw
    I want to develope such application. (I don;t care of phone model, platform and app language.)

please help me where I find possible solution, ready or to build , or documentation:

how to connect my application with phone platform (PC connected to Phone) for receiving SMS, reading SMS / after reading SMS in PC, my application will give specific answer for specific question, given in sms received. /
    and send SMS with specific answer (dependent on question SMS) to same phone number from which question sms came/

altango@altango.art.pl
    Hi,

You can achieve this by developing an SMS Gateway(GSM Modem) which will read and write SMSs to your mobile phone. Then after storing receiving SMS in to the database, create a desktop application for showing the incoming message and reply window. Then again by using SMS gateway u can respond to the same number with appropriate answer.

Either you can use a full call-center application developed by Infosoft Technet, INDIA. Mail to amber@infosoftin.com for understanding of full scenerio.
    The application is containing SMS Gateway (To read from GSM Modem), Application server for handling incoming and outgoing SMSs, and a web based user interface for message queue, display and reply facility.

You can contact:
    Infosoft Technet Pvt. Ltd.
    email: amber@infosoftin.com
    phone: +91-731-4090103

You could have a look at http://www.smssolutions.net. The site contains a list with all SMS software on the market.

Best regards,

Leon

Quote Originally Posted by activexperts
    You could have a look at http://www.smssolutions.net. The site contains a list with all SMS software on the market.

Best regards,

Leon
    Hi,
    I am developing a system to receive message (text) and send message (text, picture, logo, ringtone, web) to mobile phone. I have used activeXperts (SMS and Paper Toolkit) and I think it suitable for me but have some problem: I can't send a picture (*.gif, *.jpg files), music (*.mp3 files)
    Could you tell me:
    1. Which toolkits do I need?
    2. How much do they cost? (total)
    3. If I buy your software, how do you support me when I have problem (via chat, email,etc..)?
    4. Have your software got any error when many customer send message to my system?
    5. I hesitate a little about your software. Persuade me of your software (example some your customer)

Email: phuong_truongduc@yahoo.com

Quote Originally Posted by phuong77 View Post
    Hi,
    I am developing a system to receive message (text) and send message (text, picture, logo, ringtone, web) to mobile phone. I have used activeXperts (SMS and Paper Toolkit) and I think it suitable for me but have some problem: I can't send a picture (*.gif, *.jpg files), music (*.mp3 files)
    Could you tell me:
    1. Which toolkits do I need?
    2. How much do they cost? (total)
    3. If I buy your software, how do you support me when I have problem (via chat, email,etc..)?
    4. Have your software got any error when many customer send message to my system?
    5. I hesitate a little about your software. Persuade me of your software (example some your customer)

Email: phuong_truongduc@yahoo.com

I was researching WAP Push the other day, i think to send multimedia, you can use WAP Push: here are some references i found:

Create WAP Push SMS Messages
    http://www.codeproject.com/cs/internet/wappush.asp

WAP Push Gateway Demo
    http://www.visualgsm.com/online_demo.htm

any free sms server??
    Last edited by conian; 2007-10-17 at 05:30.

Nokia Developer Moderator

Hello everybody...

Talking about SMS Server..I built a SMS server without using the computer..I mean the mobile device as the server,that replies to received SMSes automatically while it receives a predefined text/ triggering text or any text as the settings done.the info provide feature can be added as well easily...I built such an application in Python for S60.
    Last edited by croozeus; 2007-10-10 at 06:01. Reason: addons
    Pankaj Nathani
    www.croozeus.com

hi will u find solution to u r problem plz send me