Discussion Board

Regular Contributor

I want something to know....

Hi friends,
    i am doing mobile programing in S60 device. i have tried using carbide c++, and also by using python but i am not happy in using that. i wanted to know one thing if anyone know it, is first program was done by using which platform/ software, also which language was being used, if i could get it i will like to develop using that software... plz help me out.

Thanks

Re: I want something to know....

Just trying to help,

in my opinion, if you new to programming, try using java or the similiar but not same, VB/C#/j# .net language. Open any example that included with the developement kit, start with gui programming is a good start. When you feel more friendly with object oriented, try read a book about symbian c++ programming, because there is more convention and more work to handle memory management in symbian that differ from win32 programming. try programming in win32 environment before you start in symbian, but which is the first is not a problem.

Study the concept by reading the example apps in c++, but after you read the fundamental of programming for symbian C++. When you feel you are getting pro, sign in forum nokia pro, and learn debugging symbian c++. my chosen IDE for symbian c++ is Metrowerks CodeWarrior.
    Last edited by arifnpm; 2006-11-22 at 10:48.

Regular Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by arifnpm
    Just trying to help,

in my opinion, if you new to programming, try using java or the similiar but not same, VB/C#/j# .net language. Open any example that included with the developement kit, start with gui programming is a good start. When you feel more friendly with object oriented, try read a book about symbian c++ programming, because there is more convention and more work to handle memory management in symbian that differ from win32 programming. try programming in win32 environment before you start in symbian, but which is the first is not a problem.

Study the concept by reading the example apps in c++, but after you read the fundamental of programming for symbian C++. When you feel you are getting pro, sign in forum nokia pro, and learn debugging symbian c++. my chosen IDE for symbian c++ is Metrowerks CodeWarrior.

i have already started programing, i have programed till the bluetooth communication and also some simple programs both by using carbidge C++ and python. but then also due to some bugs and unavailability of resources i have put up the thread...

Nokia Developer Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by sagars
    i have already started programing, i have programed till the bluetooth communication and also some simple programs both by using carbidge C++ and python. but then also due to some bugs and unavailability of resources i have put up the thread...

Sagars, rather ask solutions for those bugs and work-around to those resources than jump the gun(just personal opinion)

Good luck!
    Neil
    -------------------------------------------------------------
    Using
    Tool:S60 3rd Edition SDK for Symbian OS, Maintenance Release
    IDE : Carbide.c++ Express Version:1.0
    -------------------------------------------------------------