Discussion Board

RE: Cardphone 2.0 on XP

This is truely unbelievable! I pay a lot of money when I buy a product like the nokia phone card. I think, with this product I also buy a kind of service! But what way of service should that be? No support for an OS, which is the standard OS on every Notebook these days!

Cardphone 2.0 on XP

Hello,

I purchased my CP 2.0 more than half a year ago for use with my XP based Notebook. What kind of a company is Nokia that a working XP environment for CP 2.0 is still not availlable. Microsoft released XP nearly 2 years ago! The only answers from Nokia in this forum read as follows:

"Nokia Card Phone 2.0 does not have Windows XP drivers available. However you should be able to use the Nokia Card Phone 2.0 as standard PCMCIA modem and control it by using AT-commands."

Nokia sells an expensive high tech produkt and wants their customers to have it run with AT-commands??? This cannot be true....

So here is my definite question:
    When will XP drivers finally be availlable for CP 2.0?

Please give another answer than the one I referenced above.

Regards
    Michael

Regular Contributor

RE: Cardphone 2.0 on XP

Hi,

Nokia Card Phone 2.0 was designed and manufactured at time when most of the currently available OS were not available, this includes also Windows 2000, ME, XP and many others. Because of the demand we did earlier provide update to the drivers for Windows 2000, however at the moment there is no plans to make new driver update for Nokia Card Phone 2.0. Please notice that if there is enough demand for Windows XP drivers, we have to consider this again. Please provide feedback about this subject via our Developer Feedback form at Forum Nokia website.

I would like to bring to your attention that there is also a newer product available, Nokia D211 that has support for Windows XP.

Best regards,

Marko Tuukkanen
    Forum Nokia

Nokia Cardphone on Windows XP

2 Years ago we bought three Cardphone for severel OS. NT and W2K and now we bought a new Tabelt PC. The OS on this system is just XP. We need a driver for this operating system or we through the cards away and we will have a look at the siemens solutions !

Best regards

GROFA GmbH
    Kay Zschaler

it is quite unbelievable that at today when the industry standard is MS XP (Pro) a company like Nokia is not supporting the XP standard for there pcmcia phone cards - GSM900 or GSM900/1800. It is upsetting me already for almost 2 years since i changed Portable and OS System and could not use my Phone Card anymore. Nokia should consider, from a marketing point of view, that we not only buy pcmcia cards. In the mean time i bought several Motorola and Siemens handies and did not consider Nokia for this reason.

I suppose this is not the right place to express this kind of complain but I really hope that some one of Nokia will notice our complains about this story.

It is so easy to advice to buy a new model, but it does not show much (marketing) intelligence.

best regards
    Victor
    Italy