Discussion Board

How to support both N95 orientations

- Where can I download S60_Platform_Scalable_UI_Support_v4_3_en.pdf from? URL below returns Not Found.
    - Also, is above the best document for understanding how to write my UI so that it displays correctly in both N95 orientations (240x320 and 320x240)?
    - Currently, I size application for 240x320, but when I switch to 320x240 there is a blank line on right-hand side of appliction.
    - My UI is implemented as a CCoeControl.

http://forum.nokia.com/info/sw.nokia..._0_en.pdf.html
    Last edited by ltomuta; 2007-02-28 at 20:50. Reason: Corrected document's URL

Re: How to support both N95 orientations

Quote Originally Posted by owensul
    - Where can I download S60_Platform_Scalable_UI_Support_v4_3_en.pdf from? URL below returns Not Found.
    - Also, is above the best document for understanding how to write my UI so that it displays correctly in both N95 orientations (240x320 and 320x240)?
    - Currently, I size application for 240x320, but when I switch to 320x240 there is a blank line on right-hand side of appliction.
    - My UI is implemented as a CCoeControl.

http://sw.nokia.com/uriqa/?format=te...&fallback=true
    I can't remember what is exactly in the scalable ui support doc. But it will give some pointers towards designing a scalable ui, once forum nokia fix the link problem they are having. It seems to be broken for quite a few links at the moment.

I am guessing you are designing a custom gui, since you are working from CCoeControl.

So you need to implement the SizeChanged() method. This will get called when you change the size of the CCoeControl object.

You also have to make the code that positions all of the items a bit more dynamic. I generally have things positioned as a percentage relative to the top left or other items and then work out the position of where they are meant to be relative to the current screen size/orientation. That way your positions won't be set for 1 screen orientation.

Ok, thanks I'll try that.

I see in "S60 Platform: Scalable UI Support" discussion of EAppUiOrientationPortrait to specify a fixed orientation. Is there something equivalent I can do for a CCoeControl based UI that forces use of vertical UI mode for an application?

Nokia Developer Moderator

To force an orientation, use AppUi::SetOrientationL, and resize your CCoeControls, for example via getting the new ClientRect/ApplicationRect.
    To let the phone dynamically configure its orientation, implement AppUi::HandleResourceChangeL and handle KEikDynamicLayoutVariantSwitch.