Discussion Board

Nokia 9500 Emulator

Hi

Firstly, I'm not a developer, so, I hope I'm posting in the right forum.

I downloaded the Nokia 9500 SDK thing. It installs the basics, and then it wants to install the Nokia Connectivity Framework, but it stops at some nvc....inf file. It just stays there and nothing happens further. I'm just using this software to run an Java based chat program, specifically designed for Mobile phones. It uses an GPRS connection, similar to Mig33, www.mig33.com. Now, I dont know if I have the wrong version of Java installed or what. The only thing I can think of that could be causing the problem is the fact that I'm running this on Windows Vista. I don't know if this software is compatible with Vista yet.

I used an older version, I think for an Nokia 6230i, and that worked great on Windows XP, but it would'nt install on Vista.

Any ideas on what could be wrong?

Regards

Re: Nokia 9500 Emulator

I tried installing the Nokia Connectivity Framework in Vista and it wouldn't install properly. So I had to do the following to get it working. You could try doing the same for your emulator...

In Vista,

Login into an administrator account and then install the emulator. It doesn't install properly even if you give the installer (setup file) administrator privileges from a normal 'limited' account.

Once you install it in the administrator account, login into the normal 'limited' account and copy the folder "Nokia Connectivity Framework" from "<Windows_Drive>:\Users\<Administrator_Account_User_Name\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Nokia Developer Tools"

to
    "<Windows_Drive>:\Users\<Limtited_Account_User_Name\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Nokia Developer Tools"

Essentially, the installer would have placed the application in the Administrator account's Start menu. To place it in your limited account start menu, you will have to copy the application shortcut folder from the Admin Start Menu to the Limited account Start menu.
    Last edited by jasonbosco; 2007-12-06 at 14:40. Reason: corrections