Discussion Board

Nokia Developer Moderator

C-code..unable to make sis

Hi,

I have a Symbian wrapper class around an application written in C. It runs perfectly fine in the emulator. But the moment I try to make a sis file, it says that it cant find the files a.o, b.o, c.o, etc, where a, b, c are the .c files.

Am not sure if i have made the scenerio clear.

Hoping for a solution

Re: C-code..unable to make sis

Does anybody have a solution or correctional remedies to this??

Help will be appreciated!!

Super Contributor

Well you should'nt be makeing a sis file with object code.

You need to rebuild the application with gcce urel as the variant

Hi Todd,

Thank you for the attention. Well actually thats what I meant, when I try to build it with GCCE release, it gives a whole lot of errors, the primary reason of which is - its not able to find the .o files of the respective c-files(that is included in a few of the errors.

Any suggestions on how to tackle this issue??

Thanks in advance

cheers
    Neil
    Last edited by Symbian_Neil; 2006-12-01 at 09:05.

Super Contributor

You can edit gcce.mk and change the C_LANG_OPTION to "-x c++" from "-x c"

This file is in \Symbian\9.1\S60_3rd_MR\Epoc32\tools\compilation_config.

This tells the compiler to compile it as c++ and not c.

If the files are failing to link, rather than build then you need to wrap extern "c" around them as the linker is name mangling them

I probably need to see the actual errors and not what you think the errors are during compilation and or linking.

Hi Todd,

Thanks once again for the response. I send the full verbose when I try to build it for GCCE urel.
    Note : It compiles and works as it should in the emulator.

**** Full rebuild of configuration S60 3.0 Phone (GCCE) Release for project nrb1 ****

make -k clean all
    del /s/q .\src\3DES.o .\src\des3port.o .\src\deskey.o .\src\main3.o .\src\md5.o .\src\nrb1.o .\src\nrb1AppUi.o .\src\nrb1AppView.o .\src\nrb1Application.o .\src\nrb1Document.o \Symbian\9.1\S60_3rd_MR\EPOC32\DATA\Z\resource\apps\nrb1.mif D:\Neil\trial_app\nrb1\sis\nrb1.sis C:\Symbian\9.1\S60_3rd_MR\EPOC32\DATA\Z\resource\apps\nrb1.rsc C:\Symbian\9.1\S60_3rd_MR\EPOC32\DATA\Z\private\10003a3f\apps\nrb1_reg.rsc C:\Symbian\9.1\S60_3rd_MR\epoc32\release\GCCE\UREL\nrb1.exe
    Could Not Find D:\Neil\trial_app\nrb1\S60 3.0 Phone (GCCE) Release\src\3DES.o
    Deleted file - D:\Symbian\9.1\S60_3rd_MR\EPOC32\DATA\Z\resource\apps\nrb1.mif
    Could Not Find D:\Neil\trial_app\nrb1\sis\nrb1.sis
    Deleted file - C:\Symbian\9.1\S60_3rd_MR\EPOC32\DATA\Z\resource\apps\nrb1.rsc
    Deleted file - C:\Symbian\9.1\S60_3rd_MR\EPOC32\DATA\Z\private\10003a3f\apps\nrb1_reg.rsc
    Could Not Find C:\Symbian\9.1\S60_3rd_MR\epoc32\release\GCCE\UREL\nrb1.exe
    ' '
    'Building file: ../gfx/nrb1.mifdef'
    'Invoking: MIF Compiler'
    perl -S epocmifdef.pl -p"D:\Neil\trial_app\nrb1\" -hC:\Symbian\9.1\S60_3rd_MR\EPOC32\include\nrb1.mbg -o"/Symbian/9.1/S60_3rd_MR/EPOC32/DATA/Z/resource/apps/nrb1.mif" ../gfx/nrb1.mifdef
    Reading source list file: ../gfx/nrb1.mifdef.txt
    Checking: D:\Neil\trial_app\nrb1\gfx\qgn_menu_nrb1.svg
    Choosing...
    Loading mif icons...
    Loading file: D:\Neil\trial_app\nrb1\gfx\qgn_menu_nrb1.svg
    Writing mif: /Symbian/9.1/S60_3rd_MR/EPOC32/DATA/Z/resource/apps/nrb1.mif
    Writing mbg...C:\Symbian\9.1\S60_3rd_MR\EPOC32\include\nrb1.mbg
    'Finished building: ../gfx/nrb1.mifdef'
    ' '
    'Building file: ../data/nrb1.rss'
    'Invoking: Resource Compiler'
    perl.exe -S epocrc.pl -u -DLANGUAGE_sc -I"D:\Neil\trial_app\nrb1\inc" -I"D:\Neil\trial_app\nrb1\data" -I"D:\Neil\trial_app\nrb1\inc" -I"D:\Neil\trial_app\nrb1\inc" -I- -I"C:\Symbian\9.1\S60_3rd_MR\epoc32\include" -I"C:\Symbian\9.1\S60_3rd_MR\epoc32\include\variant" -I"C:\Program Files\CSL Arm Toolchain\lib\gcc\arm-none-symbianelf\3.4.3\include" -o"C:/Symbian/9.1/S60_3rd_MR/EPOC32/DATA/Z/resource/apps/nrb1.rsc" -hC:\Symbian\9.1\S60_3rd_MR\EPOC32\include\nrb1.rsg ../data/nrb1.rss

..\data\nrb1.rss(136) : Warning: (047) the STRUCT that this resource is based on contains a STRUCT[] data member which has not been used in this resource, the missing element is: 'view_list'
    C:\\Symbian\\9.1\\S60_3rd_MR\\epoc32\\include\\avkon.rh(220) : Warning: (045) the following label is used but has not been declared: R_AVKON_LIST_HEADING_PANE
    C:\\Symbian\\9.1\\S60_3rd_MR\\epoc32\\include\\avkon.rh(683) : Warning: (045) the following label is used but has not been declared: R_AVKON_SOFTKEYS_OK_CANCEL
    C:\\Symbian\\9.1\\S60_3rd_MR\\epoc32\\include\\avkon.rh(693) : Warning: (045) the following label is used but has not been declared: R_AVKON_SOFTKEYS_OK_CANCEL
    C:\\Symbian\\9.1\\S60_3rd_MR\\epoc32\\include\\avkon.rh(823) : Warning: (045) the following label is used but has not been declared: R_AKN_SELECTION_LIST_DIALOG
    'Finished building: ../data/nrb1.rss'
    ' '
    'Building file: ../data/nrb1_reg.rss'
    'Invoking: Resource Compiler'
    perl.exe -S epocrc.pl -u -DLANGUAGE_sc -I"D:\Neil\trial_app\nrb1\inc" -I"D:\Neil\trial_app\nrb1\data" -I"D:\Neil\trial_app\nrb1\inc" -I"D:\Neil\trial_app\nrb1\inc" -I- -I"C:\Symbian\9.1\S60_3rd_MR\epoc32\include" -I"C:\Symbian\9.1\S60_3rd_MR\epoc32\include\variant" -I"C:\Program Files\CSL Arm Toolchain\lib\gcc\arm-none-symbianelf\3.4.3\include" -o"C:/Symbian/9.1/S60_3rd_MR/EPOC32/DATA/Z/private/10003a3f/apps/nrb1_reg.rsc" -hC:\Symbian\9.1\S60_3rd_MR\EPOC32\include\nrb1_reg.rsg ../data/nrb1_reg.rss

..\data\nrb1_reg.rss(24) : Warning: (047) the STRUCT that this resource is based on contains a STRUCT[] data member which has not been used in this resource, the missing element is: 'datatype_list'
    ..\data\nrb1_reg.rss(24) : Warning: (047) the STRUCT that this resource is based on contains a STRUCT[] data member which has not been used in this resource, the missing element is: 'file_ownership_list'
    ..\data\nrb1_reg.rss(24) : Warning: (047) the STRUCT that this resource is based on contains a STRUCT[] data member which has not been used in this resource, the missing element is: 'service_list'
    'Finished building: ../data/nrb1_reg.rss'
    ' '
    'Building file: ../src/3DES.cpp'
    'Invoking: GCCE Compiler'
    arm-none-symbianelf-g++.exe -c -pipe -mapcs -nostdinc -x c++ -march=armv5t -fexceptions -mfloat-abi=soft -D_DEBUG -D_UNICODE -D__GCCE__ -D__SYMBIAN32__ -D__EPOC32__ -D__MARM__ -D__EABI__ -D__MARM_ARMV5__ -D__EXE__ -D__SUPPORT_CPP_EXCEPTIONS__ -D__SERIES60_30__ -D__SERIES60_3X__ -D__PRODUCT_INCLUDE__="C:\Symbian\9.1\S60_3rd_MR\epoc32\include\variant\Symbian_OS_v9.1.hrh" -include "C:\Symbian\9.1\S60_3rd_MR\\EPOC32\INCLUDE\GCCE\GCCE.h" -Wall -Wno-ctor-dtor-privacy -Wno-unknown-pragmas -I "D:\Neil\trial_app\nrb1\inc" -I "D:\Neil\trial_app\nrb1\data" -I "D:\Neil\trial_app\nrb1\inc" -I "D:\Neil\trial_app\nrb1\inc" -I "C:\Symbian\9.1\S60_3rd_MR\epoc32\include" -I "C:\Symbian\9.1\S60_3rd_MR\epoc32\include\variant" -I "C:\Program Files\CSL Arm Toolchain\lib\gcc\arm-none-symbianelf\3.4.3\include" -o src/3DES.o ../src/3DES.cpp
    In file included from D://Neil//trial_app//nrb1//inc/3DES.h:21,
    from ../src/3DES.cpp:11:
    D://Neil//trial_app//nrb1//inc/des.h:33:21: warning: no newline at end of file
    In file included from ../src/3DES.cpp:12:
    C://Symbian//9.1//S60_3rd_MR//epoc32//include/libc\stdlib.h:28:23: sys/reent.h: No such file or directory
    ../src/3DES.cpp: In member function `void C3DES::EncryptL(const TDesC8&, const TDesC8&, TPtr8)':
    ../src/3DES.cpp:54: warning: unused variable 'KErr'
    ../src/3DES.cpp: In member function `void C3DES:ecryptL(const TDesC8&, const TDesC8&, TPtr8)':
    ../src/3DES.cpp:82: warning: unused variable 'KErr'
    make: *** [src/3DES.o] Error 1
    'Building file: ../src/des3port.c'
    arm-none-symbianelf-g++.exe -c -pipe -mapcs -nostdinc -x c++ -march=armv5t -fexceptions -mfloat-abi=soft -D_DEBUG -D_UNICODE -D__GCCE__ -D__SYMBIAN32__ -D__EPOC32__ -D__MARM__ -D__EABI__ -D__MARM_ARMV5__ -D__EXE__ -D__SUPPORT_CPP_EXCEPTIONS__ -D__SERIES60_30__ -D__SERIES60_3X__ -D__PRODUCT_INCLUDE__="C:\Symbian\9.1\S60_3rd_MR\epoc32\include\variant\Symbian_OS_v9.1.hrh" -include "C:\Symbian\9.1\S60_3rd_MR\\EPOC32\INCLUDE\GCCE\GCCE.h" -Wall -Wno-ctor-dtor-privacy -Wno-unknown-pragmas -I "D:\Neil\trial_app\nrb1\inc" -I "D:\Neil\trial_app\nrb1\data" -I "D:\Neil\trial_app\nrb1\inc" -I "D:\Neil\trial_app\nrb1\inc" -I "C:\Symbian\9.1\S60_3rd_MR\epoc32\include" -I "C:\Symbian\9.1\S60_3rd_MR\epoc32\include\variant" -I "C:\Program Files\CSL Arm Toolchain\lib\gcc\arm-none-symbianelf\3.4.3\include" -o src/des3port.o ../src/des3port.c
    In file included from ../src/des3port.c:7:
    ../src/des3port.c:42: error: variable or field `des3' declared void
    ../src/des3port.c:42: error: `ks' was not declared in this scope
    ../src/des3port.c:42: error: `block' was not declared in this scope
    ../src/des3port.c:43: error: initializer expression list treated as compound expression
    ../src/des3port.c:43: error: expected `,' or `;' before "DES3_KS"
    ../src/des3port.c:45: error: expected unqualified-id before '{' token
    ../src/des3port.c:45: error: expected `,' or `;' before '{' token
    make: *** [src/des3port.o] Error 1
    'Building file: ../src/deskey.c'

Continuing the above console messages

arm-none-symbianelf-g++.exe -c -pipe -mapcs -nostdinc -x c++ -march=armv5t -fexceptions -mfloat-abi=soft -D_DEBUG -D_UNICODE -D__GCCE__ -D__SYMBIAN32__ -D__EPOC32__ -D__MARM__ -D__EABI__ -D__MARM_ARMV5__ -D__EXE__ -D__SUPPORT_CPP_EXCEPTIONS__ -D__SERIES60_30__ -D__SERIES60_3X__ -D__PRODUCT_INCLUDE__="C:\Symbian\9.1\S60_3rd_MR\epoc32\include\variant\Symbian_OS_v9.1.hrh" -include "C:\Symbian\9.1\S60_3rd_MR\\EPOC32\INCLUDE\GCCE\GCCE.h" -Wall -Wno-ctor-dtor-privacy -Wno-unknown-pragmas -I "D:\Neil\trial_app\nrb1\inc" -I "D:\Neil\trial_app\nrb1\data" -I "D:\Neil\trial_app\nrb1\inc" -I "D:\Neil\trial_app\nrb1\inc" -I "C:\Symbian\9.1\S60_3rd_MR\epoc32\include" -I "C:\Symbian\9.1\S60_3rd_MR\epoc32\include\variant" -I "C:\Program Files\CSL Arm Toolchain\lib\gcc\arm-none-symbianelf\3.4.3\include" -o src/deskey.o ../src/deskey.c
    ../src/deskey.c:6:20: string.h: No such file or directory
    In file included from ../src/deskey.c:7:
    ../src/deskey.c:54: error: variable or field `deskey' declared void
    ../src/deskey.c:54: error: `int deskey' redeclared as different kind of symbol
    D://Neil//trial_app//nrb1//inc/des.h:5: error: previous declaration of `void deskey(long unsigned int (*)[2], unsigned char*, int)'
    ../src/deskey.c:54: error: declaration of `int deskey'
    D://Neil//trial_app//nrb1//inc/des.h:5: error: conflicts with previous declaration `void deskey(long unsigned int (*)[2], unsigned char*, int)'
    ../src/deskey.c:54: error: `k' was not declared in this scope
    ../src/deskey.c:54: error: `key' was not declared in this scope
    ../src/deskey.c:54: error: `decrypt' was not declared in this scope
    ../src/deskey.c:55: error: initializer expression list treated as compound expression
    ../src/deskey.c:55: error: expected `,' or `;' before "DES_KS"
    ../src/deskey.c:58: error: expected unqualified-id before '{' token
    ../src/deskey.c:58: error: expected `,' or `;' before '{' token
    ../src/deskey.c:111: error: variable or field `des3key' declared void
    ../src/deskey.c:111: error: `int des3key' redeclared as different kind of symbol
    D://Neil//trial_app//nrb1//inc/des.h:7: error: previous declaration of `void des3key(long unsigned int (*)[2], char*, int)'
    ../src/deskey.c:111: error: declaration of `int des3key'
    D://Neil//trial_app//nrb1//inc/des.h:7: error: conflicts with previous declaration `void des3key(long unsigned int (*)[2], char*, int)'
    ../src/deskey.c:111: error: `k' was not declared in this scope
    ../src/deskey.c:112: error: initializer expression list treated as compound expression
    ../src/deskey.c:112: error: expected `,' or `;' before "DES3_KS"
    ../src/deskey.c:113: error: redefinition of `unsigned char*key'
    ../src/deskey.c:56: error: `unsigned char*key' previously declared here
    ../src/deskey.c:114: error: redefinition of `int decrypt'
    ../src/deskey.c:57: error: `int decrypt' previously declared here
    ../src/deskey.c:115: error: expected unqualified-id before '{' token
    ../src/deskey.c:115: error: expected `,' or `;' before '{' token
    ../src/deskey.c:12: warning: 'pc1' defined but not used
    ../src/deskey.c:25: warning: 'totrot' defined but not used
    ../src/deskey.c:30: warning: 'pc2' defined but not used
    ../src/deskey.c:45: warning: 'bytebit' defined but not used
    make: *** [src/deskey.o] Error 1
    'Building file: ../src/main3.c'
    arm-none-symbianelf-g++.exe -c -pipe -mapcs -nostdinc -x c++ -march=armv5t -fexceptions -mfloat-abi=soft -D_DEBUG -D_UNICODE -D__GCCE__ -D__SYMBIAN32__ -D__EPOC32__ -D__MARM__ -D__EABI__ -D__MARM_ARMV5__ -D__EXE__ -D__SUPPORT_CPP_EXCEPTIONS__ -D__SERIES60_30__ -D__SERIES60_3X__ -D__PRODUCT_INCLUDE__="C:\Symbian\9.1\S60_3rd_MR\epoc32\include\variant\Symbian_OS_v9.1.hrh" -include "C:\Symbian\9.1\S60_3rd_MR\\EPOC32\INCLUDE\GCCE\GCCE.h" -Wall -Wno-ctor-dtor-privacy -Wno-unknown-pragmas -I "D:\Neil\trial_app\nrb1\inc" -I "D:\Neil\trial_app\nrb1\data" -I "D:\Neil\trial_app\nrb1\inc" -I "D:\Neil\trial_app\nrb1\inc" -I "C:\Symbian\9.1\S60_3rd_MR\epoc32\include" -I "C:\Symbian\9.1\S60_3rd_MR\epoc32\include\variant" -I "C:\Program Files\CSL Arm Toolchain\lib\gcc\arm-none-symbianelf\3.4.3\include" -o src/main3.o ../src/main3.c
    ../src/main3.c:3:19: stdio.h: No such file or directory
    In file included from ../src/main3.c:5:
    ../src/main3.c: In function `int doencrypt(const char*, const char*, char*)':
    ../src/main3.c:28: error: `NULL' undeclared (first use this function)
    ../src/main3.c:28: error: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once for each function it appears in.)
    D://Neil//trial_app//nrb1//inc/md5.h:51: error: too many arguments to function `void MD5Init()'
    ../src/main3.c:31: error: at this point in file
    ../src/main3.c:32: error: `strlen' undeclared (first use this function)
    D://Neil//trial_app//nrb1//inc/md5.h:53: error: too many arguments to function `void MD5Final()'
    ../src/main3.c:33: error: at this point in file
    ../src/main3.c:34: error: `memcpy' undeclared (first use this function)
    ../src/main3.c:38: error: `memset' undeclared (first use this function)
    ../src/main3.c:47: error: `strncpy' undeclared (first use this function)
    ../src/main3.c:64: error: `des3' undeclared (first use this function)
    ../src/main3.c: In function `int dodecrypt(char*, char*, char*)':
    ../src/main3.c:87: error: `NULL' undeclared (first use this function)
    D://Neil//trial_app//nrb1//inc/md5.h:51: error: too many arguments to function `void MD5Init()'
    ../src/main3.c:90: error: at this point in file
    ../src/main3.c:91: error: `strlen' undeclared (first use this function)
    D://Neil//trial_app//nrb1//inc/md5.h:53: error: too many arguments to function `void MD5Final()'
    ../src/main3.c:92: error: at this point in file
    ../src/main3.c:93: error: `memcpy' undeclared (first use this function)
    ../src/main3.c:97: error: `memset' undeclared (first use this function)
    ../src/main3.c:105: error: `strncpy' undeclared (first use this function)
    ../src/main3.c:111: error: `des3' undeclared (first use this function)
    ../src/main3.c:85: warning: unused variable 'i'
    ../src/main3.c:144:5: warning: "/*" within comment
    make: *** [src/main3.o] Error 1
    'Building file: ../src/md5.c'
    arm-none-symbianelf-g++.exe -c -pipe -mapcs -nostdinc -x c++ -march=armv5t -fexceptions -mfloat-abi=soft -D_DEBUG -D_UNICODE -D__GCCE__ -D__SYMBIAN32__ -D__EPOC32__ -D__MARM__ -D__EABI__ -D__MARM_ARMV5__ -D__EXE__ -D__SUPPORT_CPP_EXCEPTIONS__ -D__SERIES60_30__ -D__SERIES60_3X__ -D__PRODUCT_INCLUDE__="C:\Symbian\9.1\S60_3rd_MR\epoc32\include\variant\Symbian_OS_v9.1.hrh" -include "C:\Symbian\9.1\S60_3rd_MR\\EPOC32\INCLUDE\GCCE\GCCE.h" -Wall -Wno-ctor-dtor-privacy -Wno-unknown-pragmas -I "D:\Neil\trial_app\nrb1\inc" -I "D:\Neil\trial_app\nrb1\data" -I "D:\Neil\trial_app\nrb1\inc" -I "D:\Neil\trial_app\nrb1\inc" -I "C:\Symbian\9.1\S60_3rd_MR\epoc32\include" -I "C:\Symbian\9.1\S60_3rd_MR\epoc32\include\variant" -I "C:\Program Files\CSL Arm Toolchain\lib\gcc\arm-none-symbianelf\3.4.3\include" -o src/md5.o ../src/md5.c
    ../src/md5.c:96: error: variable or field `MD5Init' declared void
    ../src/md5.c:96: error: `int MD5Init' redeclared as different kind of symbol
    D://Neil//trial_app//nrb1//inc/md5.h:51: error: previous declaration of `void MD5Init()'
    ../src/md5.c:96: error: declaration of `int MD5Init'
    D://Neil//trial_app//nrb1//inc/md5.h:51: error: conflicts with previous declaration `void MD5Init()'
    ../src/md5.c:96: error: `mdContext' was not declared in this scope
    ../src/md5.c:97: error: expected `,' or `;' before "MD5_CTX"
    ../src/md5.c:98: error: expected unqualified-id before '{' token
    ../src/md5.c:98: error: expected `,' or `;' before '{' token
    ../src/md5.c:113: error: variable or field `MD5Update' declared void
    ../src/md5.c:113: error: `int MD5Update' redeclared as different kind of symbol
    D://Neil//trial_app//nrb1//inc/md5.h:52: error: previous declaration of `void MD5Update()'
    ../src/md5.c:113: error: declaration of `int MD5Update'
    D://Neil//trial_app//nrb1//inc/md5.h:52: error: conflicts with previous declaration `void MD5Update()'
    ../src/md5.c:113: error: `mdContext' was not declared in this scope
    ../src/md5.c:113: error: `inBuf' was not declared in this scope
    ../src/md5.c:113: error: `inLen' was not declared in this scope
    ../src/md5.c:114: error: initializer expression list treated as compound expression
    ../src/md5.c:114: error: expected `,' or `;' before "MD5_CTX"
    ../src/md5.c:117: error: expected unqualified-id before '{' token
    ../src/md5.c:117: error: expected `,' or `;' before '{' token
    ../src/md5.c:151: error: variable or field `MD5Final' declared void
    ../src/md5.c:151: error: `int MD5Final' redeclared as different kind of symbol
    D://Neil//trial_app//nrb1//inc/md5.h:53: error: previous declaration of `void MD5Final()'
    ../src/md5.c:151: error: declaration of `int MD5Final'
    D://Neil//trial_app//nrb1//inc/md5.h:53: error: conflicts with previous declaration `void MD5Final()'
    ../src/md5.c:151: error: `mdContext' was not declared in this scope
    ../src/md5.c:152: error: expected `,' or `;' before "MD5_CTX"
    ../src/md5.c:153: error: expected unqualified-id before '{' token
    ../src/md5.c:153: error: expected `,' or `;' before '{' token
    ../src/md5.c:192: error: variable or field `Transform' declared void
    ../src/md5.c:192: error: `int Transform' redeclared as different kind of symbol
    ../src/md5.c:48: error: previous declaration of `void Transform()'
    ../src/md5.c:192: error: declaration of `int Transform'
    ../src/md5.c:48: error: conflicts with previous declaration `void Transform()'
    ../src/md5.c:192: error: `buf' was not declared in this scope
    ../src/md5.c:192: error: `in' was not declared in this scope
    ../src/md5.c:193: error: initializer expression list treated as compound expression

and to continue the console messages

../src/md5.c:193: error: initializer expression list treated as compound expression
    ../src/md5.c:193: error: expected `,' or `;' before "UINT4"
    ../src/md5.c:195: error: expected unqualified-id before '{' token
    ../src/md5.c:195: error: expected `,' or `;' before '{' token
    ../src/md5.c:203: warning: this decimal constant is unsigned only in ISO C90
    ../src/md5.c:204: warning: this decimal constant is unsigned only in ISO C90
    ../src/md5.c:206: warning: this decimal constant is unsigned only in ISO C90
    ../src/md5.c:207: warning: this decimal constant is unsigned only in ISO C90
    ../src/md5.c:209: warning: this decimal constant is unsigned only in ISO C90
    ../src/md5.c:210: warning: this decimal constant is unsigned only in ISO C90
    ../src/md5.c:212: warning: this decimal constant is unsigned only in ISO C90
    ../src/md5.c:213: warning: this decimal constant is unsigned only in ISO C90
    ../src/md5.c:214: warning: this decimal constant is unsigned only in ISO C90
    ../src/md5.c:216: warning: this decimal constant is unsigned only in ISO C90
    ../src/md5.c:217: warning: this decimal constant is unsigned only in ISO C90
    ../src/md5.c:225: warning: this decimal constant is unsigned only in ISO C90
    ../src/md5.c:226: warning: this decimal constant is unsigned only in ISO C90
    ../src/md5.c:228: warning: this decimal constant is unsigned only in ISO C90
    ../src/md5.c:229: warning: this decimal constant is unsigned only in ISO C90
    ../src/md5.c:231: warning: this decimal constant is unsigned only in ISO C90
    ../src/md5.c:232: warning: this decimal constant is unsigned only in ISO C90
    ../src/md5.c:234: warning: this decimal constant is unsigned only in ISO C90
    ../src/md5.c:235: warning: this decimal constant is unsigned only in ISO C90
    ../src/md5.c:237: warning: this decimal constant is unsigned only in ISO C90
    ../src/md5.c:238: warning: this decimal constant is unsigned only in ISO C90
    ../src/md5.c:240: warning: this decimal constant is unsigned only in ISO C90
    ../src/md5.c:247: warning: this decimal constant is unsigned only in ISO C90
    ../src/md5.c:248: warning: this decimal constant is unsigned only in ISO C90
    ../src/md5.c:250: warning: this decimal constant is unsigned only in ISO C90
    ../src/md5.c:251: warning: this decimal constant is unsigned only in ISO C90
    ../src/md5.c:253: warning: this decimal constant is unsigned only in ISO C90
    ../src/md5.c:254: warning: this decimal constant is unsigned only in ISO C90
    ../src/md5.c:256: warning: this decimal constant is unsigned only in ISO C90
    ../src/md5.c:257: warning: this decimal constant is unsigned only in ISO C90
    ../src/md5.c:259: warning: this decimal constant is unsigned only in ISO C90
    ../src/md5.c:260: warning: this decimal constant is unsigned only in ISO C90
    ../src/md5.c:262: warning: this decimal constant is unsigned only in ISO C90
    ../src/md5.c:269: warning: this decimal constant is unsigned only in ISO C90
    ../src/md5.c:271: warning: this decimal constant is unsigned only in ISO C90
    ../src/md5.c:272: warning: this decimal constant is unsigned only in ISO C90
    ../src/md5.c:274: warning: this decimal constant is unsigned only in ISO C90
    ../src/md5.c:275: warning: this decimal constant is unsigned only in ISO C90
    ../src/md5.c:276: warning: this decimal constant is unsigned only in ISO C90
    ../src/md5.c:278: warning: this decimal constant is unsigned only in ISO C90
    ../src/md5.c:279: warning: this decimal constant is unsigned only in ISO C90
    ../src/md5.c:281: warning: this decimal constant is unsigned only in ISO C90
    ../src/md5.c:282: warning: this decimal constant is unsigned only in ISO C90
    ../src/md5.c:284: warning: this decimal constant is unsigned only in ISO C90
    ../src/md5.c:48: warning: 'void Transform()' declared `static' but never defined
    ../src/md5.c:50: warning: 'PADDING' defined but not used
    ../src/md5.c:192: warning: 'Transform' defined but not used
    make: *** [src/md5.o] Error 1
    'Building file: ../src/nrb1.cpp'
    arm-none-symbianelf-g++.exe -c -pipe -mapcs -nostdinc -x c++ -march=armv5t -fexceptions -mfloat-abi=soft -D_DEBUG -D_UNICODE -D__GCCE__ -D__SYMBIAN32__ -D__EPOC32__ -D__MARM__ -D__EABI__ -D__MARM_ARMV5__ -D__EXE__ -D__SUPPORT_CPP_EXCEPTIONS__ -D__SERIES60_30__ -D__SERIES60_3X__ -D__PRODUCT_INCLUDE__="C:\Symbian\9.1\S60_3rd_MR\epoc32\include\variant\Symbian_OS_v9.1.hrh" -include "C:\Symbian\9.1\S60_3rd_MR\\EPOC32\INCLUDE\GCCE\GCCE.h" -Wall -Wno-ctor-dtor-privacy -Wno-unknown-pragmas -I "D:\Neil\trial_app\nrb1\inc" -I "D:\Neil\trial_app\nrb1\data" -I "D:\Neil\trial_app\nrb1\inc" -I "D:\Neil\trial_app\nrb1\inc" -I "C:\Symbian\9.1\S60_3rd_MR\epoc32\include" -I "C:\Symbian\9.1\S60_3rd_MR\epoc32\include\variant" -I "C:\Program Files\CSL Arm Toolchain\lib\gcc\arm-none-symbianelf\3.4.3\include" -o src/nrb1.o ../src/nrb1.cpp
    'Finished building: ../src/nrb1.cpp'
    ' '
    'Building file: ../src/nrb1AppUi.cpp'
    arm-none-symbianelf-g++.exe -c -pipe -mapcs -nostdinc -x c++ -march=armv5t -fexceptions -mfloat-abi=soft -D_DEBUG -D_UNICODE -D__GCCE__ -D__SYMBIAN32__ -D__EPOC32__ -D__MARM__ -D__EABI__ -D__MARM_ARMV5__ -D__EXE__ -D__SUPPORT_CPP_EXCEPTIONS__ -D__SERIES60_30__ -D__SERIES60_3X__ -D__PRODUCT_INCLUDE__="C:\Symbian\9.1\S60_3rd_MR\epoc32\include\variant\Symbian_OS_v9.1.hrh" -include "C:\Symbian\9.1\S60_3rd_MR\\EPOC32\INCLUDE\GCCE\GCCE.h" -Wall -Wno-ctor-dtor-privacy -Wno-unknown-pragmas -I "D:\Neil\trial_app\nrb1\inc" -I "D:\Neil\trial_app\nrb1\data" -I "D:\Neil\trial_app\nrb1\inc" -I "D:\Neil\trial_app\nrb1\inc" -I "C:\Symbian\9.1\S60_3rd_MR\epoc32\include" -I "C:\Symbian\9.1\S60_3rd_MR\epoc32\include\variant" -I "C:\Program Files\CSL Arm Toolchain\lib\gcc\arm-none-symbianelf\3.4.3\include" -o src/nrb1AppUi.o ../src/nrb1AppUi.cpp
    In file included from C://Symbian//9.1//S60_3rd_MR//epoc32//include/eikmenub.h:18,
    from C://Symbian//9.1//S60_3rd_MR//epoc32//include/aknenv.h:28,
    from C://Symbian//9.1//S60_3rd_MR//epoc32//include/aknutils.h:40,
    from C://Symbian//9.1//S60_3rd_MR//epoc32//include/aknpopuplayout.h:26,
    from C://Symbian//9.1//S60_3rd_MR//epoc32//include/AknQueryDialog.h:31,
    from C://Symbian//9.1//S60_3rd_MR//epoc32//include/aknnotewrappers.h:28,
    from ../src/nrb1AppUi.cpp:12:
    C://Symbian//9.1//S60_3rd_MR//epoc32//include/eikmenup.h: In member function `TBool CEikMenuPaneItem::IsScaleableText(const TDesC&) const':
    C://Symbian//9.1//S60_3rd_MR//epoc32//include/eikmenup.h:183: warning: enumeral mismatch in conditional expression: `TFalse' vs `TTrue'
    In file included from ../src/nrb1AppUi.cpp:21:
    D://Neil//trial_app//nrb1//inc/nrb1.hrh:21:23: warning: no newline at end of file
    In file included from D://Neil//trial_app//nrb1//inc/3Des.h:21,
    from ../src/nrb1AppUi.cpp:24:
    'Finished building: ../src/nrb1AppUi.cpp'
    ' '
    'Building file: ../src/nrb1AppView.cpp'
    arm-none-symbianelf-g++.exe -c -pipe -mapcs -nostdinc -x c++ -march=armv5t -fexceptions -mfloat-abi=soft -D_DEBUG -D_UNICODE -D__GCCE__ -D__SYMBIAN32__ -D__EPOC32__ -D__MARM__ -D__EABI__ -D__MARM_ARMV5__ -D__EXE__ -D__SUPPORT_CPP_EXCEPTIONS__ -D__SERIES60_30__ -D__SERIES60_3X__ -D__PRODUCT_INCLUDE__="C:\Symbian\9.1\S60_3rd_MR\epoc32\include\variant\Symbian_OS_v9.1.hrh" -include "C:\Symbian\9.1\S60_3rd_MR\\EPOC32\INCLUDE\GCCE\GCCE.h" -Wall -Wno-ctor-dtor-privacy -Wno-unknown-pragmas -I "D:\Neil\trial_app\nrb1\inc" -I "D:\Neil\trial_app\nrb1\data" -I "D:\Neil\trial_app\nrb1\inc" -I "D:\Neil\trial_app\nrb1\inc" -I "C:\Symbian\9.1\S60_3rd_MR\epoc32\include" -I "C:\Symbian\9.1\S60_3rd_MR\epoc32\include\variant" -I "C:\Program Files\CSL Arm Toolchain\lib\gcc\arm-none-symbianelf\3.4.3\include" -o src/nrb1AppView.o ../src/nrb1AppView.cpp
    'Finished building: ../src/nrb1AppView.cpp'
    ' '
    'Building file: ../src/nrb1Application.cpp'
    arm-none-symbianelf-g++.exe -c -pipe -mapcs -nostdinc -x c++ -march=armv5t -fexceptions -mfloat-abi=soft -D_DEBUG -D_UNICODE -D__GCCE__ -D__SYMBIAN32__ -D__EPOC32__ -D__MARM__ -D__EABI__ -D__MARM_ARMV5__ -D__EXE__ -D__SUPPORT_CPP_EXCEPTIONS__ -D__SERIES60_30__ -D__SERIES60_3X__ -D__PRODUCT_INCLUDE__="C:\Symbian\9.1\S60_3rd_MR\epoc32\include\variant\Symbian_OS_v9.1.hrh" -include "C:\Symbian\9.1\S60_3rd_MR\\EPOC32\INCLUDE\GCCE\GCCE.h" -Wall -Wno-ctor-dtor-privacy -Wno-unknown-pragmas -I "D:\Neil\trial_app\nrb1\inc" -I "D:\Neil\trial_app\nrb1\data" -I "D:\Neil\trial_app\nrb1\inc" -I "D:\Neil\trial_app\nrb1\inc" -I "C:\Symbian\9.1\S60_3rd_MR\epoc32\include" -I "C:\Symbian\9.1\S60_3rd_MR\epoc32\include\variant" -I "C:\Program Files\CSL Arm Toolchain\lib\gcc\arm-none-symbianelf\3.4.3\include" -o src/nrb1Application.o ../src/nrb1Application.cpp
    'Finished building: ../src/nrb1Application.cpp'
    ' '

and the final part :

'Building file: ../src/nrb1Document.cpp'
    arm-none-symbianelf-g++.exe -c -pipe -mapcs -nostdinc -x c++ -march=armv5t -fexceptions -mfloat-abi=soft -D_DEBUG -D_UNICODE -D__GCCE__ -D__SYMBIAN32__ -D__EPOC32__ -D__MARM__ -D__EABI__ -D__MARM_ARMV5__ -D__EXE__ -D__SUPPORT_CPP_EXCEPTIONS__ -D__SERIES60_30__ -D__SERIES60_3X__ -D__PRODUCT_INCLUDE__="C:\Symbian\9.1\S60_3rd_MR\epoc32\include\variant\Symbian_OS_v9.1.hrh" -include "C:\Symbian\9.1\S60_3rd_MR\\EPOC32\INCLUDE\GCCE\GCCE.h" -Wall -Wno-ctor-dtor-privacy -Wno-unknown-pragmas -I "D:\Neil\trial_app\nrb1\inc" -I "D:\Neil\trial_app\nrb1\data" -I "D:\Neil\trial_app\nrb1\inc" -I "D:\Neil\trial_app\nrb1\inc" -I "C:\Symbian\9.1\S60_3rd_MR\epoc32\include" -I "C:\Symbian\9.1\S60_3rd_MR\epoc32\include\variant" -I "C:\Program Files\CSL Arm Toolchain\lib\gcc\arm-none-symbianelf\3.4.3\include" -o src/nrb1Document.o ../src/nrb1Document.cpp
    'Finished building: ../src/nrb1Document.cpp'
    ' '
    'Building file: sis/nrb1.pkg'
    'Invoking: CreateSis (Installation File Generator)'
    createsis create -pass DefaultPassword "sis/nrb1.pkg" D:/Neil/trial_app/nrb1/sis/nrb1.sis
    Processing sis/nrb1.pkg...
    sis/nrb1.pkg(21) : error: file I/O fault.
    ERROR! Failed at makesis "sis/nrb1.pkg"
    make: *** [D:/Neil/trial_app/nrb1/sis/nrb1.sis] Error 1
    make: Target `all' not remade because of errors.
    Build complete for project nrb1
    Help highly appreaciated

Cheers
    Neil

Super Contributor

So why are those lines that have a line number followed by "error:" unimportant.

I suggest you fix the errors there before trying to link.

The reason is that the emulator uses a different compiler to the devices.

The emulator uses either the microsoft c++ compiler or the metrowerks c++ compiler depending on SDK and IDE.

Device builds use different versions of gcce depending on the sdk and version.