Discussion Board

Thread: buddy

buddy

hi,

anyone know if the platform on messaging needs user to add others as buddy list first? if 2 persons don't know each other, is that means they can't see each other's presence? that would be different with pc online games that when a player get into a game, then he/she would know some other strangers and see their presence...

thanks for any share...

Regular Contributor

Re: buddy

Hello,

that is true that you cannot see others on your friends list, offline or online, before you have added players as your friends. This is because the cell phones have limited display/screen sizes and displaying everyone who is online would not work since user would have scroll down potentially for hundreds and hundreds of players to find the one that they are looking for.

However you can add offline users to your friends list also as long as you know their username. SNAP Mobile has a community website for users/players who are looking for other users to play with or then users can try random game start and end up to a game with a stranger.

- Heidi

thanks, Heidi

I get clearer picture now, but I saw there is no API for uploading data for player, so if player need to store datas like their level, energy...etc. how can we do that?

thanks again, hope I can getting more knowledge on this..

Regular Contributor

Hello,

we actually have a way to store user data. The "asset" methods in our API are meant for that purpose, i.e. uploadAsset(), updateAsset() and fetchAsset(). For saving these user assets you will need the real live SNAP Mobile server, server emulator does not have this feature.

- Heidi