Discussion Board

Regular Contributor

Active Breakpoints?

I am a little confused with the debugging on carbide.c++ Express. I am experimenting with the helloworld example in the S60Ex folder. I have set breakpoints, but when the emulator runs they seem to have no effect.

I read in the help that there is something call active breakpoints, which shows a breakpoint icon different to the one I have just set. Is there something I have missed in setting break points?

Also, on another issue, does anyone know how to change the text that is shown on the helloworld example?

Nokia Developer Moderator

Re: Active Breakpoints?

Quote Originally Posted by NigelT
    I am a little confused with the debugging on carbide.c++ Express. I am experimenting with the helloworld example in the S60Ex folder. I have set breakpoints, but when the emulator runs they seem to have no effect.
    Have you used the Debug... commands?
    Also, on another issue, does anyone know how to change the text that is shown on the helloworld example?
    Feel free to look up the text you would like to replace in the project files. Also read the documentation. You will see that one of the commands reads a file, thus you will have to delete the file in order to get its content replaced (shown from code). The other command uses a resource, thus you have to modify the corresponding resource.

Regular Contributor

I assumed (perhaps wrongly) that it was just a case of setting breakpoints. When the emulator reaches that line of code, it would stop and then go back to the debug view. I followed the help which just says to double click the marker bar, what debug commands do you mean?

on the subject of the helloworld example, I have just discovered that the strings are defined in .rls file. My question is what do these two lines do in the helloworldbasicappui.cpp file:

_LIT( KHelloFileName, "\\private\\A000017F\\Hello.txt" );
    _LIT( KHelloText, "HelloWorld!");

if the strings are defined in another file, what is the purpose of these two files.

Nokia Developer Moderator

Check the references to KHelloFileName (it might be the name of a file), and KHelloText (it might not be the name of a file).