Discussion Board

Authentication error installing JSR 179 test app on N70

Hello forum people

I am experimenting with the JSR179 Location API but am having some problems installing a simple test application onto my Nokia N70, (which installs my non JSR 179 apps fine).

I am using wtk 2.2 for linux. I have created a new project and placed the lapi.jar from the Nokia reference implementation of JSR 179 into the project's lib directory, which makes it possible to build and package the app. I get this error when i try to run it on the emulator:

Uncaught exception java/lang/NoClassDefFoundError: javax/microedition/location/Coordinates: Cannot create class in system package .

Well - that's ok I figured, maybe the emulator's runtime doesn't provide the underlying components for this API so I bluetoothed the jar it to my N70 and tried to install it but I get an Authentication Error! and installation fails.

Maybe I need to build a jar that does not include the classes from the lapi.jar - could these be causing the authentication error? I will try to do this using ant. Can anyone else suggest any other reasons for this problem?

cheers

matthew

Re: Authentication error installing JSR 179 test app on N70

I just hacked the lapi files out of the jar with an archive manager program. Now it installs but does not run (not surprisingly considering the maimed jar). So that's progress maybe. Now to try and make a clean jar with ant.

cheers

matthew

Re: Authentication error installing JSR 179 test app on N70

Yes - I didn't do my research properly. The N70 doesn't support JSR 179, so even after I cleaned up the jar properly, it still didn't work. Anyone else who follows this thread... here's some links:

About the n70
    http://www.forum.nokia.com/devices/N70
    About the systems that DO support JSR 179
    http://forum.nokia.com/info/sw.nokia..._v1_1.pdf.html

cheers

matthew