Discussion Board

Lightbulb Can anyone clarify this ?

How can we develop MOAP applications with the Carbide and SDK's ?

if anyone knows this ..plz reply

Re: Can anyone clarify this ?

Have any luck finding this info?

Super Contributor

You want to write applications for the MOAP-phones in Japan (aka FOMA)? If you want to do it in C++, you're out of luck, because you can't. FOMA is a closed platform unless you developer for a company partnered with NTT DoCoMo.

You can write applications in a variant of Java ME called DoJa. Check this out on the NTT DoCoMo website or in Google.

Hey, stichbury

I am trying to migrate a C++ application from S60 V3 to MOAP. Can I use Carbide to work on it? Or the only viable way is to use DoJa? I search for this information all over the Internet but can't find anything useful yet. Can you point me to a link/material which gives more information to help me start with? Thanks a lot!

Nelson

Quote Originally Posted by stichbury View Post
    You want to write applications for the MOAP-phones in Japan (aka FOMA)? If you want to do it in C++, you're out of luck, because you can't. FOMA is a closed platform unless you developer for a company partnered with NTT DoCoMo.

You can write applications in a variant of Java ME called DoJa. Check this out on the NTT DoCoMo website or in Google.

Nokia Developer Moderator

If you read Nokia's press releases you will find that MOAP is indeed supported by Carbide.c++. The problem however is not the IDE but the SDK. Where are you going to get it from? And if the phones are closed how are you going to install the app?

You should contact NTT DoCoMo and clarify your options with them.
    Last edited by ltomuta; 2007-11-29 at 22:06. Reason: Clarification
    -- Lucian

If you are not yet a DVLUP member it is time to correct that mistake :) Click here to join: http://www.dvlup.com/lucian/Invite

Nokia Developer Champion

And in any case, you can't really "migrate" a C++ app to MOAP/FOMA phones. You have to rewrite it completely using the DoCoMo Java tools.

Use Carbice.c++ (or any text editor) to view the C++ app sources (in case that helps in your rewriting excercise), and DoCoMo's tools to actuall write the Java application (i-appli, or whatever they call them, instead of "applets" or "MIDlets").

I hope that DoCoMo's tools are not available only in Japanese (or if they are, that you read and write Japanese). If not, well... ;)

Thank you, Petrib and ltomuta. Thanks a lot for you guys' answers. This really helps otherwise I am still looking through Carbide.C++'s tutorial to search for any help on MOAP. It's really confusing that it says Carbide supports MOAP but indeed its IDE does not.

Are there links for MOAP in terms of their application development and deployment (like closed platform, only Java, no C++) that you guys can share for me to start? I can read a little Japanese but just good morning, thank you and see you, that's all about it. :)

Great Thanks again! You guys rock!

Nelson

Super Contributor

A good place to start is http://mobiledevlab.com/ which is a site run by Sam Cartwright (an aussie based in Japan). Another good one is http://www.doja-developer.net/

Good luck!