Discussion Board

Help with Tab Indicators in N70 + Carbide Ui

I've been trying to create themes for my N70 (S60 2Ed Fp3) using carbide ui. Everything looks good except for the Tab indicators and those up and down arrows for scrolling (inbetween the two softkey labels.)

I've been trying to get these to items to fit my theme (which is mostly red) but the default shade of blue really messes up the whole design.

I 'ported the design to the N73 (S60 3Ed) and it looked great, everything checked out fine.

Is there really no way to change the Tab Indicator background colors from that default white and blue for the N70?? How about those up and down arrows?

Can anyone help?

Chie

Regular Contributor

Re: Help with Tab Indicators in N70 + Carbide Ui

Hi,

What type of graphics do you use, bitmap or vector? As it is recommended to use vector graphics(SVGs) for S60 2Ed Fp3 as it is suggested in Properties view.

Hi!

Thanks for replying. I use vectors for the most part. I only use bitmaps for the Active and Idle background images.

Regular Contributor

Could you please sent some screen shot or part of screenshot, I still cannot imagine what is the problem. I do not guarantee that I can fix the problem, but at least I could try.

Can you select these images within the theme tool? if so find out what their logical name is it'll be some rubbish like pducs_dfhtrn_cinc.svg.

Go into the folder that holds your red theme data, Rename the theme file TDF as an XML file and view in word pad, search for the same item "pducs_dfhtrn_cinc.svg", replace the name in the tag with your red_arrow.SVG and copy the red arrow image into the folder for the theme. save the xml, and change its file extension back to tdf..

Reload in carbide and build the theme and it should be fixed,

make a copy of your theme first, incase you break the xml/tdf

hope this helps.

its not TS 3.0 or carbid.UI 3.1

upgrade your N70 to the last firmware and all part in theme problem will be solved

Thanks hor255! Dunno if this will work but here's a link to the screenshot: comments in green.

Quote Originally Posted by hor255
    Could you please sent some screen shot or part of screenshot, I still cannot imagine what is the problem. I do not guarantee that I can fix the problem, but at least I could try.
    Last edited by chie cosay; 2006-12-05 at 14:05.

Thanks three_ui , I'll try this out too!

Quote Originally Posted by three_ui
    Can you select these images within the theme tool? if so find out what their logical name is it'll be some rubbish like pducs_dfhtrn_cinc.svg.

Go into the folder that holds your red theme data, Rename the theme file TDF as an XML file and view in word pad, search for the same item "pducs_dfhtrn_cinc.svg", replace the name in the tag with your red_arrow.SVG and copy the red arrow image into the folder for the theme. save the xml, and change its file extension back to tdf..

Reload in carbide and build the theme and it should be fixed,

make a copy of your theme first, incase you break the xml/tdf

hope this helps.

Okay dzconstantine, I will try this too, I'll check If they've got a new version, I'm currently on V 5.0616.2.0.3

Quote Originally Posted by dzconstantine
    its not TS 3.0 or carbid.UI 3.1

upgrade your N70 to the last firmware and all part in theme problem will be solved

Regular Contributor

Sorry for the late reply.

I have looked a bit on the issue, unfortunatelly I do not have N70. But I think there may be a bug in the Carbide UI.

I wonder whether any of hints have helped you.

Do the indicators change when you package and install any of example themes (Armi, City,... etc.)? If yes then it could help to replace the section with the problem elements inside your tdf file with the section from the working example theme (the similar approach that suggested three_ui). In case you try it please let me know in this thread. Thanks.

For editing tdf there is a nicer way inside Carbide.ui. Inside Carbide.ui, switch to Navigator view, find your theme and theme's tdf file. Rightclick it and choose Open with -> Text editor.