Discussion Board

MGFetch Capability

Hi,

I am working on an application on the S60 3rd edition, a part of which needs to allow selection of images from the media gallery.
    To do this, i have used the MGFetch::RunL() function, the documentation for which states that no capabilities are required for it except for the DRM when using DRM-protected images.
    When tested on target however, when trying to access the gallery, i got an error citing a security violation. This was resolved, and i was able to access the gallery when i mentioned the capability ReadUserData in the MMP.
    Does this mean that the MGFetch::RunL() requires the ReadUserData capability, even though the documentation does not mention this? I am looking to submit this application for Symbian Signing in the next few days and would really appreciate it if someone could clarify this issue.

Thanks,

Best Regards,
    Sameet.

Nokia Developer Moderator

Re: MGFetch Capability

Read User data doesn't require any declarative statements, thus Symbian signing is not asking any questions for using it. Anyway, I quess images are UserData, thus could be really that it is required.

yucca

Hi,

Thanks for the reply,

Does Symbian Signing require us to send a list of the APIs along with the SIS, that are using the listed Capabilities? If yes, then when i submit this application for signing, should i mention this class (MGFetch) as using the ReadUserData capability?

Best Regards,
    Sameet.

Nokia Developer Moderator

Nope, there are just few capabilities that require declarative statement (you could find the list propably from symbiansigned homepage), and ReadUserData is not one of them. Also the submitting process is quite much self-explaining, and can be cancelled at any time, thus you could try it out (and just don't press the last submit button) to see what they are asking.

yucca

Thank you very much for clarifying this, i will try this out.

Best Regards,
    Sameet.