Discussion Board

Requesting redraw of control when the content has changed

I have a container with couple CEikImages inside. When I change the content, how do I report the change to MEikCommandObserver so that the area of the control should be redrawn. Everything else works perfectly as I know that the content has actually changed, because it is redrawn with new content when opening and closing the menu.

BR, Vikke

Re: Requesting redraw of control when the content has changed

Copy pasting my own question to google resulted in immediate results. So when you need to redraw the CCoeControl, just call DrawNow() and let the window-controller take care of the rest.

Case closed.

Regular Contributor

Thumbs up Re: Requesting redraw of control when the content has changed

for any CCoeControl type you should invoke DrawDeffered() method , it has a few advantages over DrawNow() , in case if you need to refresh/redraw your control again and again .

Following is the advanted as quotted in the SDK documentation

"An advantage of using DrawDeferred() is that if you make multiple calls to DrawDeferred() on the same area of a control, the window server will not generate a redraw event to do drawing that has already been superseded. If you make multiple calls to DrawNow(), however, all of them get processed, even if they have already been superseded by the time they are processed."

I hope its upto you to decide which one is efficient for your application - DrawNow() or DrawDeffered() ,

Regards'
    Neo