Discussion Board

Cannot play avi file in Nokia 9300i with Realplayer. Please help!!

Hi,

I am new to Nokia 9300i and am pretty impressed with the features it has for multimedia applications. However I am facing one problem in Realplayer:
    I converted a chapter from one DVD through Media Maker software which reduced it to 31 Mb from 710 MB into .avi file. I later found out that Nokia Multimedia converter is required to convert the .avi file to .3gp to play in Realplayer application on the phone. I converted the .avi file to
    .3gp successsfully and installed the media Maker Sys 80 application on the phone successsfully. However no sound is produced when I play the file on the phone. The video seems to be okay but it doesn't play any sound. Is there anything missing in my conversion process ? or any other software is required ? please guide me in step by step process to help me resolve this problem. I am trying to sort this out since past couple of days.

Many thanks in advance
    Yatin72.

Nokia Developer Champion

Re: Cannot play avi file in Nokia 9300i with Realplayer. Please help!!

Check the supported audio and video formats/codecs here, and make sure you're not using anything the device doesn't support:
    http://forum.nokia.com/video

Hi Ptrib,

Thank you very much for your reply. I have downloaded Nokia Audio suite 2.0 to check whether that works. Also I got another error today when I try to opn the converted .avi file to open in Nokia Multimedia Converter. When I click on Open the file in NMC , I get a meesage as unspecified or Corrupt file.

Is this problem with the Nokia media Studio software ? It converts the DVD content o .avi successfully and places ity on my desktop. But then conversion failes with the error message with Nokia Multimedia Converter.
    Can you please advise ?

Thanks once again.
    Yatin72.

Nokia Developer Champion

You could try another converter like eRightSoft SUPER: http://www.erightsoft.com/super