Discussion Board

Skinning in landscape mode.

How to do skinning for landscape mode in series 60 3.0 ?. My application currently supports only portrait mode, where in we have made use of the AknsUtils class to create background skin of various controls. For battery and signal pane we use explicit drawing
    Over those areas by getting the rect to draw on using the following method.

AknLayoutUtils::LayoutMetricsRect (AknLayoutUtils::EBatteryPane, batteryRect)

The same is followed for Singal pane and navi pane also. Now My main problem is if I use the same code used to skin the application for portrait mode, while in landscape mode , I get strange results. Especially with battery pane and signal pane. I searched through the code and I have found some “stacon” ( status and control pane ) related skinning help specifically for landscape mode (can be seen in “aknconstant.h” in the sdk include directory). As the signal pane and battery pane are general, I believe I should get the valid “rect” irrespective of application being in landscape mode or portrait mode.

My portrait mode skinning if perfect and looks good.
    I am using the public series 60 3.0 _2006_16 sdk.

It will a great help if anybody could tell me how to do it ?

Re: Skinning in landscape mode.

Quote Originally Posted by ravinder007
    How to do skinning for landscape mode in series 60 3.0 ?. My application currently supports only portrait mode, where in we have made use of the AknsUtils class to create background skin of various controls. For battery and signal pane we use explicit drawing
    Over those areas by getting the rect to draw on using the following method.

AknLayoutUtils::LayoutMetricsRect (AknLayoutUtils::EBatteryPane, batteryRect)

The same is followed for Singal pane and navi pane also. Now My main problem is if I use the same code used to skin the application for portrait mode, while in landscape mode , I get strange results. Especially with battery pane and signal pane. I searched through the code and I have found some “stacon” ( status and control pane ) related skinning help specifically for landscape mode (can be seen in “aknconstant.h” in the sdk include directory). As the signal pane and battery pane are general, I believe I should get the valid “rect” irrespective of application being in landscape mode or portrait mode.

My portrait mode skinning if perfect and looks good.
    I am using the public series 60 3.0 _2006_16 sdk.

It will a great help if anybody could tell me how to do it ?
    hi~ravinder007
    can u please give me a example about "HOW TO SKIN THE CONTROL PANEL IN THE SDK 3.0 INVIROMENT".

THANK YOU