Discussion Board

programming nokia phone

hi guys:

i have not any experience with mobile phone programming, just want to write a programm for my nokia 6101 phone.

i have downloaded s40 SDK , but can not find any thing about how to write a programm. it seems s40 SDK does not include any example code.

Also do i need symbian OS to develope program for my 6101 phone? is so which version of symbian i need for 6101?
    and once i have finished my program how can i load my programm into my phone?

the programm i want to write is a camer control application, it will running at background and every 1 hour it will send instuction to camer then the carmer will shots a picture and send that picture to an other phone.

regards,

anru

Nokia Developer Champion

Smile Re: programming nokia phone

Hello anru,
    Welcome!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Anru
    hi guys:

i have not any experience with mobile phone programming, just want to write a programm for my nokia 6101 phone.

i have downloaded s40 SDK , but can not find any thing about how to write a programm. it seems s40 SDK does not include any example code.

Also do i need symbian OS to develope program for my 6101 phone? is so which version of symbian i need for 6101?
    and once i have finished my program how can i load my programm into my phone?

the programm i want to write is a camer control application, it will running at background and every 1 hour it will send instuction to camer then the carmer will shots a picture and send that picture to an other phone.

regards,

anru
    Well, your mobile phone is having Nokia OS as what specification says.
    http://www.forum.nokia.com/devices/6101

So i don't think you can write applications for your mobile with using Symbian C++.
    Better you raise this question in Java Section of the Discussion board.
    http://discussion.forum.nokia.com/fo...isplay.php?f=3

I wish you will get good help from there.

All the best.
    Regards.
    Kiran.