Discussion Board

J2ME MMS vs Native MMS application

Hi,

Does anyone know the difference between j2me mms messaging and native mms sending?

Actually, i developed a midlet that draws an Image(API) and transforms it to a png file. Now, I want to send the png file to a PC through MMS. I used Ozeki MMS server as my middleware to receive the message and transfer it to the pc. My problem is that the png file becomes unreadable when it reaches the pc. Apparently, the binary data of the file has been altered. What's interesting is that this only happens when I send my file using J2ME. When I send the file phone to phone, the file remains intact(I've done this using J2ME and native MMS sending). But when I use the phone's native MMS application, the png file is converted into jpg format! I don't mind this happening as long as the picture can still be viewed.

Does anyone know what's going on here? Is it the way I send my file, or the problem is with the message server? If it is, can anyone please suggest any middleware?

I ported my application on Nokia N93, and used Fargo maestro 100 as gsm modem for the Ozeki MMS Server..

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Re: J2ME MMS vs Native MMS application

pls help..
    Last edited by alliance205; 2006-12-08 at 08:29.

Super Contributor

hi,

is your mms server expecting received mms to follow common message parts? say text part + binary part (which holds png data specified as "image/png")

regards,
    Peter

hi,

I don't know really.. There isn't much information about the Ozeki MMS Server. I tried contacting them, but all they could say is that the png file may not be supported by my operator. How come i can send my png file (phone to phone) intact?

Anyway, I noticed that as the MMS Server receives the picture, it has another file budled with it. The file is "pres.smil". Is this file automatically generated by my phone when I send MMS? Could this be the cause of my problem?

Thnks