Discussion Board

RE: Linker error message

well, i faced the same problem, and with some search i found this function helps in casting a double value into a TUint.
    I solved it with casting first into TInt and then to a TUint, try using:
    TInt nTime = (TUint)(TInt)dTime
    instead of:
    TInt nTime = (TUint)dTime

this worked with me.

Linker error message

Hello everybody,
    I'm building a graphic example based on a library built from c++ source code, linked with a consolle example program.
    The build process works on the emulator configuration, but on the target configuration for the nokia phone (THUMB), it generates a very strange error message

...\Symbian\6.1\Series60\EPOC32\RELEASE\THUMB\UREL\IMAGE.LIB(GRAYC.o)(.text+0x29ec):grayc.cpp: undefined reference to `__fixunsdfsi'
    ...\Symbian\6.1\Series60\EPOC32\RELEASE\THUMB\UREL\IMAGE.LIB(GRAYC.o)(.text+0x29ec):grayc.cpp: relocation truncated to fit: ARM_THUMB23 __fixunsdfsi

the unreferenced symbol __fixunsdfsi isn't a function name used in the code, doesn't exist in the epoc library or in the series60 library. Does anyone know how is possible to generate an error of this kind?

Thanks

Regular Contributor

RE: Linker error message

In my opnion, there is probably an error when retyping a var. However, I am not sure if it causes the relocation - the undefined var or both. The best way to find it is to comment your code until the error disappears and when the line is localized, try to fix it.

Nani

fixunsdfsi - Linker Error Message

Hi,

I am calling std library functions 'atof()' and 'ceil()', linking with estlib.lib, but when i am compiling for thumb it is giving me following linking error,

..\..\..\..\..\BROWSER\DISPLAYENGINE\CSSHANDLER\De_style_handler.c:485: relocation truncated to fit: ARM_THUMB23 __fixunsdfsi

I am not finding this function defination, might be estlib.lib is using it inside.

I am using series60 platform. SDK 2.1

Can anyone please tell me how can i solve this problem.

regards,
    pankaj